Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA

armyfinfan said:
Some of us arent on here all day long and I didnt see anything about Simon on the first page. Thanks for your info about Simon though.

threads only stay on the first page for maybe an hour or two during a busy day. You can always use the search function to avoid creating duplicate threads.:cool:

GreenMonster said:
Man I wish we had some left over money Simon is a stud. But since we will have a tough time making the playoffs this year we need to save our money and get Wright and Vickerson some playing time.

Yea, too bad they don't cut McNabb instead !!!

Schleprock said:
Are you nuts?? Seriously?

yeah, were going to ask Zach, JT, and Madison to restructure AGAIN right before a season. Plus we are then going to cut our #2/3 WR, plus one of our top 3 offensive lineman, plus our one of DT in our rotation, plus Seau. :rolleyes:

Also, why did the starter of this thread feel they needed to rate it 4 stars? :rolleyes:

Are you dumb?? Seriously?

Players like to have their contracts restructured -- they get cash up front. Cash up front is the only guaranteed money they get in the NFL. I don't think Zach, JT or Sam restructured this year (if they did, they'd have to wait a year to do it again anyhow). All or some of the cuts would be unnecessary if one or more of these guys restructured.

Re: Booker, my point is that I see him as No. 3 at best. I just don't see him as a huge upgrade over some of the promising young (and much cheaper) guys like Maurice Mann. Booker is basically a possession receiver who did little last year and not much this preseason. That is just not worth $3 million.

We'd only be giving up a the DT if we signed Simon, who is also a DT. Not a net loss.

I said I'd keep Seau.

Fineas said:
Are you dumb?? Seriously?

Re: Booker, my point is that I see him as No. 3 at best. I just don't see him as a huge upgrade over some of the promising young (and much cheaper) guys like Maurice Mann. Booker is basically a possession receiver who did little last year and not much this preseason. That is just not worth $3 million.

One of the more ludacris statements ive read on these boards latley.

Corey Simon Come Home

Im big on Florida State players and ive seen alot of Simon being that i live in the Philly area and i think he would be a good fit.
Saban cant seem to get enough depth at D-line (which is good) and if hes happy weres hes playing Simon could be a big factor.
And like i said he might want to come back to play in Florida.

I would like you to meet my friend, I call him Mr Salary Cap.

Whats that, Corey Simon and Mr. Salary Cap dont want to play nicely? I wonder why that is.

never say never saban is always looking for players that can help this team win.

I haven't seen Simon much but he seems pretty small for DT in a 3-4. I know we will rotate to and from a 4-3 but I would think Saban would want bigger inside guys especially given how much he may want. I do think he may have to settle for a 1 year deal at this point. I hope he doesn't end up going to the Jills after all this.

I think Simon is a good defensive tackle and would be a nice addition and insurance policy but he thinks he is great and deserves top ten pay and I really don't think we could fit him in under the cap without hurting ourselves somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom