Mergedx2 Henne ops for surgery...done for year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx2 Henne ops for surgery...done for year

Darlington reports Henne ops for surgery...done for year

2-14

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ing-for-replacement?module=HP11_breaking_news

The Dolphins' climb from their place as one of four winless teams just became a whole lot more interesting: Quarterback Chad Henne will require surgery to repair a shoulder separation and will miss the rest of the season, multiple team sources said Thursday.
Negotiations with several other quarterbacks were unsuccessful Tuesday and Wednesday, but the team was continuing to work Thursday toward landing a veteran to compete with Matt Moore, who was the only other available quarterback on the roster.

The Dolphins are currently in their bye week, but they have practiced each of the last two days and will practice again today at 12:15 p.m. They play their next game a week from Monday -- Oct. 17 -- against the Jets in MetLife Stadium. It seems reasonable to anticipate Moore's experience in the current offense will earn him the start in that game, no matter who the team brings in at this point, even if it eventually turns out to be someone with David Garrard's experience.

During Moore's duties as Henne's replacement Sunday, he completed 17 of 26 passes for 167 yards and an interception. Moore also took the starting repetitions during Tuesday's practice, although he was the only quarterback on the team. "He looked good," Sparano said of Moore's first practice Tuesday. "He did a good job out there. It's the most reps he's taken in a while. He did a good job and had good recall, good control of the offense. There's no install (Tuesday), just old playbook stuff." Moore, to this point, had not been vying for the starting position, which clearly belonged to Henne throughout training camp and into the season.

Henne has been among the team's brighter spots this year, looking more impressive with his decisions, leadership and throws than many anticipated. He suffered the injury during a botched handoff in the first quarter Sunday. Henne ends his season after completing 64 of 112 passes (57.1 percent) for 868 yards with four touchdowns and four interceptions. He'd already been sacked 11 times through just four games. Adding an interesting dynamic to the situation, Henne is scheduled to become a free agent after this season, which will leave the Dolphins in an odd situation. Henne and the team will both need to decide at some point whether to continue their union after an improved but limited body of work this season. For now, though, the Dolphins will simply be focused on something else: Getting this team turned around.

I feel bad for Henne, but this is good news for the Dolphins at this point. I wish Henne a full recovery and good luck on his next team.

lol henne to me was our best chance to win but im thinking this will be his last year in miami o well lol lets get a real qb

Its all over twitter..Quick somebody hook up the memorial thread...

How poetic that Chad Henne fell down flat on his face....He did it this to himself.

This season was definitely planned to be tanked. No major free agent spending, chose Reggie over Bradshaw, no major defensive pickups, still no backup signed... Didn't Henne just say he could still play?

Sorry Chad, but you'll never start another game.

ON ANY TEAM...

I kinda feel bad for the kid, we all know he is not our franchise QB but he did improve a little bit this year, i guess were in the driver seat for the suck for luck campaign!

Mods better get ready to merge...This site is about to blow up with excitment..

Matt Moore is horrible and he is our new starter? Wow

It`s written in the stars, we are destined to get Andrew Luck and have 10 - 15 years of good football in Miami! Good times are on their way back! lol

I feel really bad for Chad Henne as well. He wanted to turn his season and career around. He wanted to turn this season around. He's a tough S.O.B. But I saw this one coming a mile away. You don't take 3x more hits NFL average and get away with it for very long. Part of that is on the OL, part of it is on the scheme, and part of it was him.

He and Reggie Bush you could just see it this year, they were both knuckling down HARD to try and change the course of their careers, change their fate. But in the end they're just not talented enough to do that.

Henne to Get Shoulder Surgery

Jeff Darlington

Breaking News: Dolphins QB Chad Henne opts for shoulder surgery & will miss rest of season, multiple sources say. Story coming at NFL.com

Looks like Moore will be starting. Dolphins also worked out Jim Sorgi this morning.

Look for us to sign a new QB soon.

go with god matt moore...

i'm calling it right now...we will get into a 3rd qb at least before this season ends...matt moores mobile and that will help but not enough to keep him upright

Back
Top Bottom