Mergedx2 Henne ops for surgery...done for year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx2 Henne ops for surgery...done for year

Probably played his last game as a Dolphin. however, the irony is that I think he did improve this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he enjoys success elsewhere.

I feel really bad for Chad Henne as well. He wanted to turn his season and career around. He wanted to turn this season around. He's a tough S.O.B. But I saw this one coming a mile away. You don't take 3x more hits NFL average and get away with it for very long. Part of that is on the OL, part of it is on the scheme, and part of it was him.

He and Reggie Bush you could just see it this year, they were both knuckling down HARD to try and change the course of their careers, change their fate. But in the end they're just not talented enough to do that.

How many games do you give Moore before he is injured too?

I must say, CK was right about EVERYTHING this year. Amazing work man.

Oh my goodness, the thought of this being the last time I see him in a Dolphins uniform is too good to be true. But honestly, I think he can be a decent journey-man. But get OUT of Miami.

Whoa........having flashbacks to 2007. Crazy.

And agree with those that feel bad for Henne. He was a great team guy and did what he could. To bad he got with a coach who was willing to throw him under the bus every other game.

Good luck with your future team Chad, because we are making a move for a franchise quarterback when the season ends.

Edit, link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ing-for-replacement?module=HP11_breaking_news

The Dolphins' climb from their place as one of four winless teams just became a whole lot more interesting: Quarterback Chad Henne will require surgery to repair a shoulder separation and will miss the rest of the season, sources told NFL.com on Thursday.

We sucked with him and we will suck without him. Why did I get NFL ticket again??????

Here is the article on nfl.com

The Dolphins' climb from their place as one of four winless teams just became a whole lot more interesting: Quarterback Chad Henne will require surgery to repair a shoulder separation and will miss the rest of the season, sources told NFL.com on Thursday.
Negotiations with several other quarterbacks were unsuccessful Tuesday and Wednesday, but the team was continuing to work Thursday toward landing a veteran to compete with Matt Moore, who was the only other available quarterback on the roster.

The Dolphins are currently in their bye week, but they have practiced each of the last two days and will practice again today at 12:15 p.m.
They play their next game a week from Monday -- Oct. 17 -- against the Jets in MetLife Stadium.
It seems reasonable to anticipate Moore's experience in the current offense will earn him the start in that game, no matter who the team brings in at this point, even if it eventually turns out to be someone with David Garrard's experience.
During Moore's duties as Henne's replacement Sunday, he completed 17 of 26 passes for 167 yards and an interception. Moore also took the starting repetitions during Tuesday's practice, although he was the only quarterback on the team.
"He looked good," Sparano said of Moore's first practice Tuesday. "He did a good job out there. It's the most reps he's taken in a while. He did a good job and had good recall, good control of the offense. There's no install (Tuesday), just old playbook stuff."
Moore, to this point, had not been vying for the starting position, which clearly belonged to Henne throughout training camp and into the season.

Henne has been among the team's brighter spots this year, looking more impressive with his decisions, leadership and throws than many anticipated. He suffered the injury during a botched handoff in the first quarter Sunday.
Henne ends his season after completing 64 of 112 passes (57.1 percent) for 868 yards with four touchdowns and four interceptions. He'd already been sacked 11 times through just four games.
Adding an interesting dynamic to the situation, Henne is scheduled to become a free agent after this season, which will leave the Dolphins in an odd situation. Henne and the team will both need to decide at some point whether to continue their union after an improved but limited body of work this season.
For now, though, the Dolphins will simply be focused on something else: Getting this team turned around

I saw Ray Lucas at a Rutgers game recently and he is looking fit.

I feel really bad for Chad Henne as well. He wanted to turn his season and career around. He wanted to turn this season around. He's a tough S.O.B. But I saw this one coming a mile away. You don't take 3x more hits NFL average and get away with it for very long. Part of that is on the OL, part of it is on the scheme, and part of it was him.

He and Reggie Bush you could just see it this year, they were both knuckling down HARD to try and change the course of their careers, change their fate. But in the end they're just not talented enough to do that.

Wanted to agree before people start posting about what a panzy he is. The man played has played through alot in his career(dating back to college) and his toughness shouldnt be questioned.

Speaking of questions, i do have one for you Ck. You did call this(well played), but i have to ask: did you think it would happen before week 5? Or did you see him lasting until, say, week 8 or 10?

How many games do you give Moore before he is injured too?

I must say, CK was right about EVERYTHING this year. Amazing work man.

Thanks.

Matt Moore is at SIGNIFICANT risk of injury as well. Part of Henne's getting hit was actually on Henne, so that part could diminish the rate at which Moore gets hit. However, there's still a large part of it on the offensive design and on the offensive line.

Far as I can tell, Matt Moore took about 3 sacks and 3 hits in the game. That's on the high end, but it's not the ridiculous rate Henne was going. If Moore plays a little smarter than Henne did, I don't think he's certain to get hurt like Chad Henne was.

I bet Sparano is crying right now..He had a serious man crush on Henne..

Man that guy played a heck of a game

20 for 41, 2 ints

Phins lose 28 to 10

Back
Top Bottom