MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX2: USC LBs Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing test positive for steroids

I would be taking Darius Butler at this point...pass on Cushing or Matthews...you kind have to wonder about all of USC's linebackers.

Is this common at USC and why has the goverment not investigated.

Wouyld not touch them at all if they test positive for roids. If true, they would rate UDFA with me.

Do you think they are the only ones using something? They were just the ones stupid enough to get caught. I thought they would have had a better system of masking in place by now.
Anyone who thinks the use of performance enhancing substances is not commonplace, is naive IMO.

Do you think they are the only ones using something? They were just the ones stupid enough to get caught. I thought they would have had a better system of masking in place by now.
Anyone who thinks the use of performance enhancing substances is not commonplace, is naive IMO.

So your saying that USC is a stupid school that doesn't know how to cheat?:D

Cushing? Steroids? No way, I don't believe you.

I had a feeling they were juicing. I hope we stay away from them if the reports check out.

Hard to believe that Matthews, Cushing, Harvin, V. Davis and Raji could all be off our board.

So your saying that USC is a stupid school that doesn't know how to cheat?:D

No I'm not saying anything about USC itself. It is a thing the players do on their own of course.
This kind of thing is commonplace throughout football and IF this report is true, my first thought is I'm surprised they didn't do a better job of masking.

So far, we have only seen this info from one source. nfldraftbible.com. Who the hell are they? Everyone is acting like this info just came off the AP news wire.
For all we know at this time, this could be misinformation being put out there by some team hoping to get these players to more likely fall to them on draft day.

No I'm not saying anything about USC itself. It is a thing the players do on their own of course.
This kind of thing is commonplace throughout football and IF this report is true, my first thought is I'm surprised they didn't do a better job of masking.

So far, we have only seen this info from one source. nfldraftbible.com. Who the hell are they? Everyone is acting like this info just came off the AP news wire.
For all we know at this time, this could be misinformation being put out there by some team hoping to get these players to more likely fall to them on draft day.

I kinda doubt it...all NFL teams will get a report stating what players failed...tests. I believe it comes out in a week or so.

I'd wait until somebody else confirms it.. The reason why one NFL team told it NFLDraftBible.com could be because they want these players to fall to their spot..
so wait until it is official..

If these guys are guilty of using performance enhancing substances then I hope the FO and all other NFL teams stay clear of them.

Steroid abuse is cheating, plain and simple.

If players tested positive, it does not mean teams will not take them in round #1. Luis Castillo tested positive @ the 2005 combine. He and his agent sent letters to all 32 teams explaining the incident, and he was drafted by the Charges in round 1, #28 I believe. He may have dropped a little, I really cannot remember. It does make things a little more interesting, if these reports are true, thats a big if, than I would guess that changes some teams draft boards.

I'm still yet to see this from a respectable source but IF this is true i think its bad news for us, since both buys are likely to be taken before 25 it increases the chances of Hakeem Nicks/Sean Smith/"insert player you like here" getting to us at 25 particularly since if these guys drop a little there is a decent chance that they'll be off our board entirely

Back
Top Bottom