Miami among teams showing the most interest in WR Roscoe Crosby | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami among teams showing the most interest in WR Roscoe Crosby

BlitPhinFan said:
Good points, now I have to ask the question... Is Wright worth the 3rd in your mind? I am not trying for a debate here, I just want to see where the better "evaluators" on this site stand. I know it's not fair to ask, but I just want an honest oppinion.

I won't claim to be one of the better evaluators of college talent here, but I'll tell you what I have read indicates he is worth a 3rd. He doesn't have the excitement potential of Crowder, but he also doesn't have the health history that IMHO made Crowder a true 3rd rounder instead of a 2nd rounder.

I won't really be mad if Saban feels differently unless he falls beyond the 3rd and there is no interest in him from the Dolphins. Even then, I'll understand if it's a matter of Saban feeling like he might get him in the 5th but somebody snatching him up in the 4th. That's the thing with the SD -- it's more of a crapshoot than the regular draft is because of how it works.

Jimmy James said:
I won't claim to be one of the better evaluators of college talent here, but I'll tell you what I have read indicates he is worth a 3rd. He doesn't have the excitement potential of Crowder, but he also doesn't have the health history that IMHO made Crowder a true 3rd rounder instead of a 2nd rounder.

I won't really be mad if Saban feels differently unless he falls beyond the 3rd and there is no interest in him from the Dolphins. Even then, I'll understand if it's a matter of Saban feeling like he might get him in the 5th but somebody snatching him up in the 4th. That's the thing with the SD -- it's more of a crapshoot than the regular draft is because of how it works.

Good insight. I just personally, because of my anal retention when dealing with a supplemental draft, hope we don't have to give up a first day pick for him. I trust in Sabans judgement as I don't have the time or ability to judge players, but I value the slim picks we have now for next year.

I was just looking for, I know it's not possible at this point, an oppinion on what will be available to us in the 3rd round next year... Theoretical or not.

I'm not saying that we won't use ONE pick in the supplemental draft. I'm saying we won't use TWO picks.

If Saban really likes these two guys he might be willing to use a pick on ONE of them.

I'm putting down my prediction now that this kid won't get drafted and it'll be a feeding frenzy trying to get him in as a street free agent.

My gut tells me you'll find the 3rd about the same as you found it this year talentwise. The draft this year was light up top, but it was a pretty deep draft. There's a lot more top talent next year (other than at QB), but I haven't heard any specific talk about it being deep all through the first day or anything like that.

VanDolPhan said:
I'm putting down my prediction now that this kid won't get drafted and it'll be a feeding frenzy trying to get him in as a street free agent.

I hear you, but at the same time... I see a team desperate for DT depth(aka us) courting him like is the second coming. That is what I fear the most. Is Cincy courting him to make us make a move? I guess we wll find out soon enough. I know most analysts are making him out to be a good pickup in the 3rd, but is he really better than what we could take in the 3rd next year?

I guess that is my major concern and question.

Jimmy James said:
My gut tells me you'll find the 3rd about the same as you found it this year talentwise. The draft this year was light up top, but it was a pretty deep draft. There's a lot more top talent next year (other than at QB), but I haven't heard any specific talk about it being deep all through the first day or anything like that.

Ah, I posted at the same time as you, almost. I didn't get to read your response before I posted at least. So what I am gathering is, you go ahead and gamble our 3rd next year on Wright this year as there won't be equivelent talent at that possition next year at that point in the draft?

My appologies, it's getting late here and I am about to have the F5 key engraved on my forehead if I don't get some sleep. I hope during my sleep deprived evening that I have been keeping up with the discussion, though most likely I have not. :lol:

:goodnight

BlitPhinFan said:
I hear you, but at the same time... I see a team desperate for DT depth(aka us) courting him like is the second coming. That is what I fear the most. Is Cincy courting him to make us make a move? I guess we wll find out soon enough. I know most analysts are making him out to be a good pickup in the 3rd, but is he really better than what we could take in the 3rd next year?

I guess that is my major concern and question.

You do realize my prediction is about Roscoe right? ;p

In all this speculation I haven't seen an estimate of what round Crosby will go in? A few have said he will go undrafted and be a premium undrafted free agent, ala Josh Davis. Is this the best guess?

mercury 40 said:
YES FEEL FREE TO GIVE IT UP TO YOURSELF HERE ! I DO ALL THE TIME ! WHY ? BECAUSE I AM THE ROCK THAT HOLDS THE DOLPHIN NATION TOGETHER

sort of like winger in the movie stripes

More like radio in the movie radio :lol:

I think it all comes down to talent evaluation PLUS you current needs. You have to be very sure a player will make the team AND log some playing time before you draft him in the supplemental draft.

I opine that we should not give up even a 3rd round pick for anyone in the supplemental.

The interest is simply due dillegence. Saban is not going to give up more than a third for Wright. If Cinci outbids us then we have a pick to work with in later rounds. I'm guessing that Boston's history is driving this.

It could be a Saban smokescreen so we can get Manuel Wright. Or if he really wants Roscoe than Saban might show alot of interest in Manuel. I love this coach and he hasn't even won a game for us yet.

I really hope Saban doesn't use a pick on him. WR is the least of our worries.

Back
Top Bottom