Miami as the number one Wildcard seed is best? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami as the number one Wildcard seed is best?

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better for Miami to be the number One wild card
seed and have to play the Cincinnati, Cleveland and Steelers
Division winner than to replay the AFC East division winner
again?

All that will accomplish is a tired team for the Divisional round if
they win that is.

Sacrilegious I know.

But I am just thinking what’s the easiest way to the Super bowl.
Yes the Division title is best but That is the roughest way to the
Super bowl since they would be the third seed in the playoffs,
and have to play really the better teams because of it.

Number one wildcard slot is almost impossible to get. We lost to both Indianapolis and Tennessee. Either one would be seated ahead of us unless one was to lose four out of the next five games, then it could happen. We will more than likely either be a third seed or a six seed.

We win the division and we play either the second place team from the AFC South or AFC East, or we get the second wild card (won't get the first over Indy/Tennessee) and go on the road and play the AFC East or AFC South champion. We want to win the division.

Not only is winning the division title a physical thing, but a psychological one too. Other teams see a division winner as one of the best in the league. IMO, I think that helps.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We win the division and we play either the second place team from the AFC South or AFC East, or we get the second wild card (won't get the first over Indy/Tennessee) and go on the road and play the AFC East or AFC South champion. We want to win the division.
no , if we win our division we get the first wildcard seed ...cause either indy or tenn wins divison the other falls behind divsion winner no matter if they have a better record , the division winner between indy or tenn will have a first round bye second place of that division will be at best 3rd seed .

Originally posted by CpuFan
Wouldn't it be better for Miami to be the number One wild card
seed and have to play the Cincinnati, Cleveland and Steelers
Division winner than to replay the AFC East division winner
again?

All that will accomplish is a tired team for the Divisional round if
they win that is.

Sacrilegious I know.

But I am just thinking what’s the easiest way to the Super bowl.
Yes the Division title is best but That is the roughest way to the
Super bowl since they would be the third seed in the playoffs,
and have to play really the better teams because of it.

I don;t think it matters much at this point at all. What I mean is that if this team is truly and finally coming together and getting hot and we pretty much win out, it won't matter. With that head of staem up, we should just roll over anybody in our way.

Originally posted by mike_vee
no , if we win our division we get the first wildcard seed ...cause either indy or tenn wins divison the other falls behind divsion winner no matter if they have a better record , the division winner between indy or tenn will have a first round bye second place of that division will be at best 3rd seed .

What are you talking about? Top four seeds go to the division winners. After that, the last 2 seeds go to the teams with the 2 best records that did not win the division. The team that has the worst record between Indy and Tennessee will most likely be the five seed as they will have they will have the best record of a team that did not win their division. Second place in a division can be at best the fifth seed, and it is almost a lock that the 5th seed will be second place in the AFC South.

If we win our division we will be the third seed. If you win the divison you can't be a wild card. We will have a better record than the AFC North winner if we win the division. If we don't win the division, it is almost a lock that if we make the playoffs, we will make it as the sixth seed. The only way for us to make the playoffs as the fifth seed is for either Indy or Tennessee to crash. They are both a game ahead of us AND they both have a tiebreaker over us since we lost to both teams.

Originally posted by unclemonty
Number one wildcard slot is almost impossible to get. We lost to both Indianapolis and Tennessee. Either one would be seated ahead of us unless one was to lose four out of the next five games, then it could happen. We will more than likely either be a third seed or a six seed.

as the AFC East winner we most likely would be the #1 wildcard team behind KC and Indy/TN.

You may be confused with the #1 seed.

;)

#1 wildcard = #3 seed

To tell you the truth.. The best case scenario considering Miami will not get the 5th seed would be if Miami gets the division title and the 3rd seed..

Miami with the 3rd seed, Patriots with 6th seed and Colts with the 2nd seed.. I do not want Miami playing both Titans and Chiefs in playoffs if Miami was to win a playoff game.. Miami staying away from the Chiefs and Titans is the better scenario..

Or Miami could end up with the 6th seed, Patriots with 3rd seed and Colts with #1 seed...
Or Miami with 6th seed, Patriots with #1 seed and Colts with #3 seed...

I personally would not like to face Bellicheck after a Patriot BYE week so I would love for Miami to face the Patriots in the Wild Card and if Miami were to win that game, go to Indianapolis where Manning struggles with Miami's defense all the time also considering his playoff track record..

Hopefully Miami stays away from the Chiefs and Titans in first 2 weeks of playoffs and plays one of them in AFC Champ game.. Of course if Miami were to beat the Patriots and Colts the first 2 weeks of playoffs..

Those are the scenarios I look for but this could be a moot point if Miami loses one game the rest of the way and Broncos win out..

Miami needs ot make playoffs first..

if we are afc east champs we would'nt be a wid card team.:confused:

Originally posted by juniorseau55
If we go as a wild card we are going home early in the playoff like always.

I disagree.. If Miami is the #6 seed, Miami can win in New England and in Indianapolis.. In Tennessee, I don't think so..

Re-do this in two weeks. Mark my words one of the Indy/Tenn. duo will slip, I believe it's Tenn. Chiefs will lose two more. We will beat the Pats.

Well if the Fins win the Division most likely the PAts would wind up #6 seed, That would put round one

Pats @ Fins
Ten/Ind @ AFC North Winner (That would be sad because Indy/Tenn would have the better record)

Round 2 would have the
Fins going to Indy/Tenn
AFC North or Indy/Tenn going to KC

If the Fins finish 6 they will have to go

Round #1
@NE

Round 2
@KC(Most Likely unless they crash)

Round 3
@ AfC North, Tenn or Indy

That would be one hell of a road to the SB, If they did that they would deserve it.

Chiefs will likely keep the #1 seed..

Best case would be for Miami to win division #3 seed
Colts to be #2 seed and Patriots #6 seed..

I would love that scenario..

Chiefs vs. Broncos and Chiefs vs. Vikings are real big games..
Don't forget Broncos vs. Colts, Titans vs. Colts, Pats vs. Colts
Buccs vs. Titans
Miami vs. Patriots, Miami vs. Eagles

Colts could be the team to flop..

Back
Top Bottom