Miami could go defense in round 1...twice! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami could go defense in round 1...twice!

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
I am of the belief that we'll have two 1sts and two 3rds to play with. Ogun will be playing elsewhere next year. Believing that and knowing that 1st and 2nd round wide receiver talent will be available in the 3rd round this year (thanks to a super deep receiver draft), I would not be surprised to see Miami select Tim Bowens replacement, Sam Madison's replacement or Junior Seau's replacement in the 1st round this year.

Sorry River's fans but AJ Feeley trade = NO QB taken in the 1st round this year

1a. DT, OLB or CB
1b. DT, OLB or CB
3a. WR
3b. WR

Don't be surprised, it could happen....

Originally posted by Canuck
I am of the belief that we'll have two 1sts and two 3rds to play with. Ogun will be playing elsewhere next year. Believing that and knowing that 1st and 2nd round wide receiver talent will be available in the 3rd round this year (thanks to a super deep receiver draft), I would not be surprised to see Miami select Tim Bowens replacement, Sam Madison's replacement or Junior Seau's replacement in the 1st round this year.

1a. DT, OLB or CB
1b. DT, OLB or CB
3a. WR
3b. WR

You are absolutely CRAZY!!!!!!
NO WAY POSSIBLE.
I will cut off my pinkie finger if we don't draft a WR in the first!!!
(unless we get Owens on a VERY, VERY slim chance).

There is not an OL talent worthy of a first rounder outside of Gallery and Andrews. Miami will go the free agency route to solidify the OL.

I can see one pick being defensive. There are no worthy lineman worth taking in round 1 after Andrews and Gallery.

There is not an OL talent worthy of a first rounder outside of Gallery and Andrews. Miami will go the free agency route to solidify the OL.

Damn, you beat me to it... lol, I made the post like 2 seconds after you.

you think Carey isnt worth a 1st? i think your wrong. we will go O in the 1st round. RS will be smart & not let Wanny make his picks this yr.

Re: Re: Miami could go defense in round 1...twice!

Originally posted by unclemonty

You are absolutely CRAZY!!!!!!
NO WAY POSSIBLE.
I will cut off my pinkie finger if we don't draft a WR in the first!!!
(unless we get Owens on a VERY, VERY slim chance).

Hey, a lot can change (obviously) but there will be a dearth of talent falling into our laps at 20 (if not sooner) if a run on WR's happens in round 1 and we loose out on the guy we want (Reggie Williams, Michael Clayton?). If that happens and there is value there by taking a DT, LB, or CB then don't be surprised to see Rick go that route. He's more likely to get better value at WR in round 3 than DT and certainly LB....

We could look to every defensive position in the draft but doubtfully on day one.

No $hit. We won't draft defense in the first round even if we have 2 first round picks. We'll either go WR, QB, or OL, WR, or even WR, WR

If we went WR, WR there better not be any excuses about having crappy WRs for a while.

Jake Grove is also worth serious consideration at the end of the first round. He is a STUD center with a SERIOUS nasty streak in him. He could be the leader of our line for many years to come.

Value

If it aint there, don't do it. Why take a WR when you can get a similar guy a round or two later. Besides, WR's almost never contribute in their first year. Boldin's prowbowl season notwithstanding.

1a. DT, OLB or CB
1b. DT, OLB or CB
3a. WR
3b. WR

"Status: Online!"

Good! Glad you're still in the forums, now I'd suggest you click edit, and delete this thread ASAP! ;)

Back
Top Bottom