Miami could go defense in round 1...twice! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami could go defense in round 1...twice!

This thread may not make me popular

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

"Status: Online!"

Good! Glad you're still in the forums, now I'd suggest you click edit, and delete this thread ASAP! ;)

but April 24th Spielman could make me right.

Truth is, I think Miami will got WR-defense in round 1 or defense-WR. I just wouldn't be surprised to see them go DT-CB or something like that.

Originally posted by HugeFinFan
I desperatly want a WR and JAKE GROVE

ya know, i really like this option. Im a Seth Mckinney supporter (HUGE Tex. A&M fan) but im not sure he'll work as a center. Plus, Grove is a BEAST. If we got him and Woods in round 1, that'd make up easily for last yr's crappy draft (I seriously wanted to break something after seeing us pass up Chris Simms, Anquan Boldin, Tyrone Calico etc. for Eddie Moore)

Originally posted by Brad528
If you are right that would officially make miami the dumbest team in the NFL.

Have you not payed attention to the off-season so far? They already are... Giving Wanny 2 more years, Hiring his friend to be GM (while there were 3 people who were much more qualified that I was aware of), and giving Marino a front office job with no expirence, then telling us he's not a figure head, and last, overpaying for a 3rd string QB, when they couldn't get anything for him last year at the same price.

Also, someone mentioned Carey is a first rounder. I would like to ask you why you believe that? A month ago, everyone would agree, but he's proven his reputation for being lazy is true, and thats going to stop a lot of teams from taking him round 1.

If I were the dolphins, I would try and trade up with 2 picks to get a lights out WR like Roy Williams, or Mike Williams. Both should be going somewhere around the 10 spot. I'm sure Pittsburgh would have some interest considering they might want Rivers, and can move down to get him, along with something else.

Miami can send #20 (and for the sake of arguement) and #23 for #11, and a second rounder or something (don't know what the value chart says, but just role playing).

Vernon Carey showed up to the combine in TIP TOP SHAPE......6-4 340.

Everybody was also impressed with him in interviews...........So your information that "he's proven his reputation for being lazy is true" is wrong.

Carey is a late 1st rounder...guaranteed.

The only Defensive players that you would have to tackle me to not take would be Sean Taylor and Vince Wilfork.

It is almost a given that it is absolutely a WR at #20 that they will take......I have no idea what they would do with a 2nd #1.......

Originally posted by Section126
Vernon Carey showed up to the combine in TIP TOP SHAPE......6-4 340.

Everybody was also impressed with him in interviews...........So your information that "he's proven his reputation for being lazy is true" is wrong.

Carey is a late 1st rounder...guaranteed.

The only Defensive players that you would have to tackle me to not take would be Sean Taylor and Vince Wilfork.

It is almost a given that it is absolutely a WR at #20 that they will take......I have no idea what they would do with a 2nd #1.......

Taylor is out of our range, but I agree if Wilfork was to fall to us, he might be to good to pass up. He would be the perfect young DT to groom under T-Bow.

There is no way that we will make any defensive draft picks in the first round. If we have one pick, it will be for a guy on offense. If we have two, it will be for two guys on offense!

Originally posted by unclemonty

Jake Grove is also worth serious consideration at the end of the first round. He is a STUD center with a SERIOUS nasty streak in him. He could be the leader of our line for many years to come.

this is a guy i think we should be serious about. move mckinney to LG and backup center.

Originally posted by HugeFinFan
I desperatly want a WR and JAKE GROVE

these are two guys i have targeted. i think rashaun woods is the real deal. i watched that bowl game he played in and he was making plays all over the place. He just seemed to be like larry Bird, always making little plays that add up to big ones. i bet he could return kicks too.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
There is no way that we will make any defensive draft picks in the first round. If we have one pick, it will be for a guy on offense. If we have two, it will be for two guys on offense!

If we lose OGUN and shore up our O-line through FA, there is a solid chance we take a defensive player with the other first.

I agree with Section126. Wilfork should be drafted by Miami if he's there. In round 3, Miami could geta wR like Derrick Hamilton. MAybe.

Re: Value

Originally posted by Canuck
If it aint there, don't do it. Why take a WR when you can get a similar guy a round or two later. Besides, WR's almost never contribute in their first year. Boldin's prowbowl season notwithstanding.

I have to respectfully disagree. WR, TE, LB, DT and RB aren't the most "heady" positions in the NFL. Meaning, it doesn't take a lot of smarts. 90% of the game at those positions is instinct and physical ability.

All the time you see rookies start, or at least contribute at those positions.

QB, OL, and CB are the hardest to adjust to. Safety isn't a walk in the park, either.

Re: Re: Value

Originally posted by Larry Little

I have to respectfully disagree. WR, TE, LB, DT and RB aren't the most "heady" positions in the NFL. Meaning, it doesn't take a lot of smarts. 90% of the game at those positions is instinct and physical ability.

All the time you see rookies start, or at least contribute at those positions.

QB, OL, and CB are the hardest to adjust to. Safety isn't a walk in the park, either.

That's not correct. Most at WR & TE take at least 3 years to establish themselves because the offensive systems and routes are more complicated and the defenses more complex. Also, the majority of recievers aren't prepared for the more physical coverage encountered in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom