Miami Doing Due Diligence On Rosen -peter King | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Doing Due Diligence On Rosen -peter King

Rosen... offer a third and wait. If someone else bites and takes him... fine.

Me... I like him better than immobile, not bright, one year starter Haskins.

But I still say... cheap or forget it.

I don't want Rosen at all. I would rather them just wait and draft a QB in 2020 than trade for Rosen this year.

trade back in the second, get a extra late 3 or early 4 and trade for Rosen. We do not know what will happen in 2020. If Rosen comes in and plays well in camp we could trade Fitz for a 3rd or 4th in camp if a team needs him. If not keep Rosen as bu and draft qb early 2020. All of our QBs ,should be cheap for the next 4 yrs,which allows us to build a great team

trade back in the second, get a extra late 3 or early 4 and trade for Rosen. We do not know what will happen in 2020. If Rosen comes in and plays well in camp we could trade Fitz for a 3rd or 4th in camp if a team needs him. If not keep Rosen as bu and draft qb early 2020. All of our QBs ,should be cheap for the next 4 yrs,which allows us to build a great team

Would agree with most of that except the trade Fitz part. I believe it unlikely that anyone would give us anything for an old journeyman.

This is a very popular slur that has been snowballing for a couple of years now, without anybody willing to provide any evidence or put their names to such accusations. He has spoken out against authority (pointing out the irony in 'not-for-profit' colleges making millions while student athletes are restricted from and punished for earning by draconian NCAA rules) , expressed his own opinion (the Trump hat) and then topped off those two by defending his right to do such things in his combine/pre-draft interviews. In an industry that the league, owners, front offices, coaches, media and fans like to treat as a military in that nothing than total obedience can be tolerated and anyone not doing so is a 'locker room cancer', 'not a team player' or a 'diva' it's not surprising that anyone showing any kind of outward personality or self confidence in their own opinions be put in their place fairly swiftly (usually via the media and 'unnamed sources'). Anything other than being completely servile to God and the country (Rosen is openly atheist and anti-Trump) is treated as if they are going to wreak havoc in a locker room.

Ultimately the guy could be a massive dickweed and not give a **** about an NFL career, I don't know him, and neither do 99.9% of the people who suggest that he is selfish, or arrogant, or a trouble-maker, or that the fact he's from a rich family means that he has no motivation or desire. He's just turned 22; how many of us (that are older than that) have matured and developed since we were that age? My point is that people are talking like he's only worth a fifth or sixth round pick, a 'one-and-done' guy who should be third on depth chart and made to try and prove himself as a back up. That's ridiculous. He hasn't lost his talent and potential in one poor season in a crappy team, and if he's available for a third round pick then we should be looking into it.

My take is that, given where were with the team-building and options in this years draft, we have bigger needs than a QB both our first two picks. That goes for trading for Rosen or drafting one (if we were targetting a QB then I'd go for Rosen ahead of Haskins, Lock or Jones). And while I think that probably also applies to the third round, if we do end up drafting someone like Will Grier or Ryan Lindley with that pick when we could have used it on Rosen it will be an absolute travesty.

Didn't Elway kind of have that immature, smug personality too? I'm not saying Rosen is anything like Elway or talent wise of course or would be anything like him career wise. But sometimes qbs still play well or great despite such "know it all" "or I don't need coaching" personality to him. Sometimes qbs mature and just learn and develop even if they are arrogant. So it doesn't mean that Rosen can't develop or mature even if he's arrogant early on as qbs with similar personalities have succeeded. It's a mixed bag, that attitude made ryan leaf one of the biggest busts even, but john elway when he was drafted carried not that much of a different bratty, I'm too good for everyone vibe too. That marino to elway 30 for 30 was great and watching the old clips of young elway gave me that vibe through all that with the yankees and such.

What makes Haskins not bright?

His W score wasn't particularly high (rumored to be 25). Added to his slow feet and one year starter status, I am not seeing either an elite athlete OR a bright one who could overcome that.

Your mileage may vary.

His W score wasn't particularly high (rumored to be 25). Added to his slow feet and one year starter status, I am not seeing either an elite athlete OR a bright one who could overcome that.

Your mileage may vary.

Well luckily wonderlic doesn't equal intelligence.

Your mileage may vary.

Do you know what Frank Gore scored on his Wonderlic?... 6! Favre, Brees and a few others have scored in the 20s, our very own savior Dan Marino score in the mid teens(forget the exact number, think it was the 13-16 range)

Last edited:
Would agree with most of that except the trade Fitz part. I believe it unlikely that anyone would give us anything for an old journeyman.

Agreed...wouldn't get much for him barring an injury, etc. to another QB before or during season, but he'd be one nice back up for us to have. Saying that, I'm not a fan of Rosen but if he could be gotten cheap (relatively speaking) and hold the reins for one year then I'd make the move. We'd have a potential long term QB if he worked out and we wouldn't have to go QB in 2020 and could patch many other holes.....and, I don't think we're going QB this year.

Yes... my point was that intelligence is one part of how you evaluate a player.

If a player has extreme athletic ability... Gore or Marino... maybe being sharp isnt as important...

But Haskins is a guy who only managed to start one single year... and scouts say he has slow feet and limited athleticism... and isnt super sharp either.

For my money, he isnt a first round pick; not a slam dunk anyway.

Yes... my point was that intelligence is one part of how you evaluate a player.

If a player has extreme athletic ability... Gore or Marino... maybe being sharp isnt as important...

But Haskins is a guy who only managed to start one single year... and scouts say he has slow feet and limited athleticism... and isnt super sharp either.

For my money, he isnt a first round pick; not a slam dunk anyway.

The other problem is the offensive plays & play calling are much more elaborate and mental today in the NFL and vs college .... requiring a lot of studying, the ability to memorize and understand the intricacies of the playbook. Not only that..the ability to be able to recognize and adjust to all the different defensive schemes. Being sharp is extremely important...and much more today in the QB position. I think Haskins will be a bust and wouldn't touch him even if he fell to us....better to fill another hole with a sure stud and wait till 2020 to get a QB with less concerns about him.

Rosen is not a leader of men. I hope this is just a smokescreen.

Back
Top Bottom