Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

3/5: Eugene Monroe will be Miami's first choice at left tackle, according to Armando Salguero.

3/4: "D'Qwell Jackson had his Dolphins visit today and now will visit Indianapolis, per multiple reports. Will choose among those 2, Denver, Tenn" - Barry Jackson

3/4: The Dolphins haven't made contract offers to Randy Starks or Paul Soliai, according to the Miami Herald.

The Vikings need plenty of help in the secondary, and one candidate has emerged.

A source said Wednesday the Vikings are expected to take a strong look in free agency at Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll when he becomes a free agent Tuesday.

Miami's linebackers coach the past two seasons, George Edwards, is now Minnesota's defensive coordinator. When Vikings coach Mike Zimmer was Cincinnati defensive coordinator, Carroll played against the Bengals in each of the past two seasons.
http://t.co/X5XJl77cmO

Oh jesus.

Carroll up against Stafford/Megatron, Rodgers/WHOEVER, Cutler/Marshall

Vikings are over paying big time.

Carrol is good, but FAR from a starting CB.

He started last year and was fine

He started last year and was fine

He did ok against #2/#3 WR's.

Twice a year against Megatron, Marshall/Jeffrey, Jordy Nelson?

I don't know about all that.

Look at Vikings roster, Carrol would likely be #1 CB unless they sign another.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m

No new talks between McKinnie and the Dolphins, who will jump with both feet into the OT pool (if they haven't already).

3/7: "Eugene Monroe is unlikely to return to the Ravens. Contract talks between Monroe and the Ravens have reached a standstill.' - Matt Zenitz, Carroll County Times

Sad that still no offer for Soliai. Our D line is being gutted, and we have no O line.

I hope we win the sweepstakes for Monroe, even with all that money. Veldheer I understand also wants big bucks. I'd rather not have Albert. Then, our first pick in the draft is going to be the pick to replace Soliai.

The releases will start to increase the amount of players available

Also increases the teams with same needs.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s

The #Bucs have released G Davin Joseph, source said (as @NFLSTROUD said). Bucs in market for several OLs now.

Now starts all the back-room deals (unofficially of course). It's a tricky game GM's have to play because some agents use the offers to drive up other teams. Problem is, if agents do this too often, they get a bad reputation and GM's won't make deals ahead of time. Going to be an interesting few days until Monday with all kinds of rumors flying around.

Joseph is an interesting option at G. I'm sure our new GM will know for sure how bad his knee injury is and if he's worth bringing in for a look-see. I think bringing in some guys for "prove-it" one or two year contracts and get some prospects in the middle rounds to develop behind them would be a great way to go versus drafting OL in the 1st/2nd round and throwing them in as starters right away. It's was most top tier teams do, so why not copy that formula?

More on Veldheer. This is the second source I've read today that suggests he's looking for dollars, and not seriously available.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

1B. Jared Veldheer, Oakland: Missed the first 12 games of 2013 due to a biceps injury, which raises the injury red flag. Better athlete than the other two, better run blocker than the other two. But feeling around the league is increasingly that Oakland is allowing him to shop simply to match the offer. Most teams don't like to work for the sake of having a player return to his current team.

Back
Top Bottom