Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

Joseph was supposed to have been awful last season

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-release-g-davin-joseph/2169276
The Bucs released guard Davin Joseph, the team's first round pick in 2006 who started 99 games the past seven seasons. He was scheduled to make $6-million in 2014.

Joseph's release came after the Bucs failed in their attempt to trade their Pro Bowl guard and minutes after the the noon deadline for teams to begin contacting the representatives for free agents.

Joseph, 30, was coming off a devastating knee injury last season and did not play well in 2013. So much of his game is based on power and movement and neither was the same as before the injury. The Bucs already have more than $9-million on the salary cap committed at guard to Carl Nicks, who played in only two games last season but is said to be doing much better.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly

Davon Joseph, whom the Bucs just release, is FROM Miami, knows Dennis Hickey. Those are tries the Dolphins should kick.

Greg Auman ‏@gregauman 35s

As @Bobby_L mentions, Davin Joseph will be missed by local media. Class act, always willing to talk, even on tough topics like MRSA, injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why even bother with "news" (and I use that term very loosely) from that site?

That's why I didn't make a news thread out of it....lol.

They just want web clicks. The speculation will be thrown around a lot this weekend about Monroe and Albert. Much less about Veldheer, it seems.

According to Barry Jackson it seems like the Dolphins are targeting Albert at LT and Rodger Saffold as a guard. Though Monroe and Veldheer are still very much in the mix and they reached out to ALL of them.

People here **** on Albert way too much. The guy is an elite pass protector. He will have the ability later in his career to move inside. He is a heck of a player.

I put Monroe ahead of him simply because he is a bit younger. However, I still stand by the fact that Albert is the better player right now. Maybe Monroe blossoms under new coaching and schemes etc. However, Albert is a tick ahead of him in the short-term.

People here **** on Albert way too much. The guy is an elite pass protector. He will have the ability later in his career to move inside. He is a heck of a player.

I put Monroe ahead of him simply because he is a bit younger. However, I still stand by the fact that Albert is the better player right now. Maybe Monroe blossoms under new coaching and schemes etc. However, Albert is a tick ahead of him in the short-term.
I agree, Albert right now is the better player. The only concerns are age and if his back will hold up.

I agree, Albert right now is the better player. The only concerns are age and if his back will hold up.

Obviously, if the team signs him, you expect him to hold up. However, that is why I think a back up swing OT is one of the most vital reserve positions in football. Too many teams roll the dice that a player will not get hurt.

Albert turns 30 this season. Monroe turns 27 next month. That's more than a "bit". Plus Albert misses a lot of games. Not a good thing for someone soon to be in the wrong side of 30

Sad that still no offer for Soliai. Our D line is being gutted, and we have no O line.

I hope we win the sweepstakes for Monroe, even with all that money. Veldheer I understand also wants big bucks. I'd rather not have Albert. Then, our first pick in the draft is going to be the pick to replace Soliai.

There are a LOT of DT's hitting free agency this year. I think the front office is looking to spend a little less money than they did this last season at DT. And I think if they shop/draft well they should be able to get better value at the position. Especially considering we still have a very good veteran (Odrick) still under contract at DT for the upcoming season.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 58s

One thought: Dolphins may be able to give the older Albert less guaranteed money in Year 3 than Monroe.

Albert & Saffold would be expensive combo but Hickey & Philbin don't mind spending in FA (although it hasn't paid off for either in past)

Albert turns 30 this season. Monroe turns 27 next month. That's more than a "bit". Plus Albert misses a lot of games. Not a good thing for someone soon to be in the wrong side of 30

Albert got his knee rolled up on last year. That could happen to any Olineman.

Back
Top Bottom