Miami Dolphins 2018 Roster Versus Now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2018 Roster Versus Now

Even moreso than Drake and Gesicki, that 2018 roster doesn't include Albert Wilson, who was probably the team's MVP, or at least one of the MVP's of the 4-2 start. Then Wilson and Tannehill got injured and the season went south. Briefly resurrected by the Miami miracle, but then collapsed. Unfortunately, Wilson, after a promising training camp, is almost literally invisible this season.

I'd say the 2018 team had much more veteran leadership, and despite Gase being in most ways a horrendously bad HC, better offensive play design.(Gase's ONLY strength - I know the board says he had no strengths, but I think he had one. Just one.) 2021 Dolphins should have WAY more young developing talent than 2018. But we're not seeing it.

Looking back, at this approximate time of the season, without using hindsight, I haven't been more disappointed in this team going back more than a decade. Maybe 2015, but no, I'm more disappointed now. Maybe we'll turn it around.....

I agree with the premise of this post. The team was better in 2018 but it's close. We're not screwed yet but we are well on our way. Flo has to look himself in the mirror and admit that some of his moves were wrong. The stripping the team of all of their veteran leaders was an odd choice. Flo has to watch his ego. It's the reason he has trouble putting a good staff together, that and his lack of loyalty. The OC and Van Noy left the Pats to follow Flo to the Dolphins. Flo fires both of them after one season. I thought both guys did a good job but Flo wanted them out, why??, really. The trading deadline is 2 weeks away and he has to admit that he doesn't have the horses because a bunch of personnel moves were wrong decisions.

Nobody wanted Fitz after last season. We didn't want to stunt Tua's growth. How'd that work out?? I didn't want Fitz either. It was the wrong decision because like it or not we miss him now and for the last month. Fitz moved this offense with this line but he wasn't the QB of the future and blah, blah. We would be a far better team with Fitz and Gailey than we are now. I'm concerned a lot of what Flo is doing is trying to play his guys that he drafted so he doesn't look too stupid!! How's that working out??
I would have liked to kept Fitz but his situation was handled so badly. First, he should have been told the plan from early on, they would start Tua after the bye week if they felt Tua was ready. He obviously wasn't and was pissed, and rightly so. He must have thought it was a competition, he won it and played well. Secondly, they kept pulling Tua for Fitz. If Tua is your guy, you can't have him looking over his shoulder every week. You have to remove that "competition". A starting QB needs confidence. If Fitz had been asked to take a mentorship role on the bench as soon as they started Tua, all of this could have been fixed. Alas, due to last season, I feel he had to go.

other goofy thing I realized is robert quinn was on that roster. not good for the dolphins. was good for the rams, is good now after he left us. up to 4.5 sacks already this year. and making a ton of money again. so is it not just QBs that we ruin, but DEs as well?

other goofy thing I realized is robert quinn was on that roster. not good for the dolphins. was good for the rams, is good now after he left us. up to 4.5 sacks already this year. and making a ton of money again. so is it not just QBs that we ruin, but DEs as well?
You post as if only players that leave the fins have success with other teams. As if no other players move teams and produce better

Even moreso than Drake and Gesicki, that 2018 roster doesn't include Albert Wilson, who was probably the team's MVP, or at least one of the MVP's of the 4-2 start. Then Wilson and Tannehill got injured and the season went south. Briefly resurrected by the Miami miracle, but then collapsed. Unfortunately, Wilson, after a promising training camp, is almost literally invisible this season.

I'd say the 2018 team had much more veteran leadership, and despite Gase being in most ways a horrendously bad HC, better offensive play design.(Gase's ONLY strength - I know the board says he had no strengths, but I think he had one. Just one.) 2021 Dolphins should have WAY more young developing talent than 2018. But we're not seeing it.

Looking back, at this approximate time of the season, without using hindsight, I haven't been more disappointed in this team going back more than a decade. Maybe 2015, but no, I'm more disappointed now. Maybe we'll turn it around.....
agree!

Back
Top Bottom