Miami Dolphins: 5 Best players under 25 on the roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: 5 Best players under 25 on the roster

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

5. Christian Wilkins, DL, Miami Dolphins
While so much focus was placed on the Dolphins’ first-round picks in the 2020 NFL Draft, that trio joins the 2019 top selection, Christian Wilkins. The Clemson product was in the middle of a defense largely devoid of talent, by design, in his rookie season but still showed some good things.

For his rookie campaign, Wilkins notched 56 total tackles while starting in 14 of the 16 games he played in addition to registering 2.0 sacks and three tackles for loss on the year. You’d like to see more but, given what was around him, it’s hard to blame him for not wholly showing out.

There is room for improvement with Wilkins as he comes into his second year in the NFL. However, his pedigree coming out of Clemson is that of a leader who may never be an NFL sack leader but will always be in the mix and helping to make plays. He showed enough signs of that in 2019 for him to make this list.

I think 2 through 5 are great choices. Tua is entirely unknown at this time. I have a tough time ranking college players at NFL level. Just my opinion. I'm just glad we have a lot of young talent.

I’m kinda excited about Wilkins this season. He’s been written off by a lot of fans. I saw his struggles but also could see his strengths. He was not manhandled as some have claimed. He‘s someone who will get stronger during the offseason. Everyone is putting a lot of focus on this latest draft class but this guy could really rise up to major force on this team. Tough position to ace in your rookie season

Side note: I really want to see more of Laird. I personally thought he showed more than all our other runners last year, at least in terms of effort. Ugh. The O line was so bad last year.

I like Laird, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out why people thought he could be our 2nd back. No way. At best a number 3. However he‘s a nice depth player to have around.

I’m kinda excited about Wilkins this season. He’s been written off by a lot of fans. I saw his struggles but also could see his strengths. He was not manhandled as some have claimed. He‘s someone who will get stronger during the offseason. Everyone is putting a lot of focus on this latest draft class but this guy could really rise up to major force on this team. Tough position to ace in your rookie season
Typically the biggest jump any player makes is from rookie to year two.

I'm really pulling for big Christian to become a stud for us on the DL.

We already know the heart and leadership are there, just need the playmaking to follow suit.

This is a very nice list, I can't even remember the last time we had this much young talent on our roster. Thanks for posting.

5. Christian Wilkins, DL, Miami Dolphins
While so much focus was placed on the Dolphins’ first-round picks in the 2020 NFL Draft, that trio joins the 2019 top selection, Christian Wilkins. The Clemson product was in the middle of a defense largely devoid of talent, by design, in his rookie season but still showed some good things.

For his rookie campaign, Wilkins notched 56 total tackles while starting in 14 of the 16 games he played in addition to registering 2.0 sacks and three tackles for loss on the year. You’d like to see more but, given what was around him, it’s hard to blame him for not wholly showing out.

There is room for improvement with Wilkins as he comes into his second year in the NFL. However, his pedigree coming out of Clemson is that of a leader who may never be an NFL sack leader but will always be in the mix and helping to make plays. He showed enough signs of that in 2019 for him to make this list.

Needham should get a mention. I wouldn't put any rookie on the list.

I like Laird, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out why people thought he could be our 2nd back. No way. At best a number 3. However he‘s a nice depth player to have around.

Yah I like having him as a 3rd down type back, but no way in hell should he be receiving any significant number of handoffs on a good team.

Now that we have Howard and Brieda I doubt he sees the field much barring injury.

I was kinda surprised to see McMillan so high, but that's definitely an exciting young group.

Needham should get a mention. I wouldn't put any rookie on the list.
I agree. While we all hope Tua is the long term answer at the QB position, putting him as the top under 25 player on the roster before he had even been at his first practice in the NFL is ridiculous. Let’s see how he actually plays before judging if he is worth all the hype or not. This list should only be about under 25 year old players who have actually played in the NFL. There will be plenty of time later to judge Tua and the rest of the 2020 draft class.

I was surprised to see McMillan and not Baker in the list. I think Baker has a higher ceiling but McMillan is more consistent. Excited to see how baker performs with Van Noys leadership and consistency in that LB room

I'm expecting the defense the be very good this season. We're stacked at DB, the LBers will be much better and Wilkins 2nd year should be great and the addition of Davis will make us stronger up front. Flo got to hand pick quite a few guys this off season.

Back
Top Bottom