Miami Dolphins and the rest of the AFC East must face reality | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins and the rest of the AFC East must face reality

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This will surely stir up some people
sfl-who-has-the-edge-miami-dolphins-at-pittsburgh-steelers-20170106

Sunday night, some of us were given the pleasure of watching the greatest Super Bowl comeback in the history of the NFL, and possibly the best Super Bowl to date. Then again, we Dolphins fans watched the Falcons take a 28-3 lead, knowing deep down that there was always a chance for the impossible to happen… and it did.
There are two things that I took out of Sunday night’s instant classic. One, as long as Tom Brady is the quarterback of the New England Patriots – the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets will be afterthoughts in the AFC East.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-dolphins-rest-afc-east-133008681.html

That has some truth, maybe more than fans want to admit. A 10-6 season and Miami fans are almost giddy. If New England went 10-6 the sky would be falling. The Patriots consistently win 12+ games which is remarkable.

Things can change quickly in the NFL, though. The Dolphins finally look to have a coach who knows what he's doing and Ryan Tannehill looked very good when he got comfortable in the new system. That coach/quarterback combo is huge.

The quickest way for Miami to take that next step IMO is to be able to dictate the running game more frequently. The emergence of Jay Ajayi was huge for this team. With a power back and building blocks on the offensive line, Miami has a chance to become the type of running team that converts short-yardage plays at a better than average NFL ratio.

How important is that? Just look at the last two super bowl wins for the Patriots. Both Seattle and Atlanta didn't trust their running games enough to be able to put the game away.

Another point Adam Gase needs to put his stamp on the defense. Bill Bellichick, while known for his defensive brilliance, has his stamp on both sides of the ball. That is the next step for Gase to show that he can be innovative on defense as well as on offense.

Brady is an all time great, no doubt about that, but no way i'm giving up on surpassing the pats just because he is still playing. Every player in sports falls eventually, and no reason to think it can't be by our hand.....in next year's Divisional Playoff perhaps!

That's not even mentioning that the Fins have beaten Brady-led teams plenty of times during his reign of ref complaints.

Brady is an all time great, no doubt about that, but no way i'm giving up on surpassing the pats just because he is still playing. Every player in sports falls eventually, and no reason to think it can't be by our hand.....in next year's Divisional Playoff perhaps! That's not even mentioning that the Fins have beaten Brady-led teams plenty of times during his reign of ref complaints.
The key is NE only has to lose ONCE . . . in the playoffs. Yeah, Mia, NY, Buf don't have much of a chance to win the AFC-E for 2-3 years, but getting to the AFC championship and SB doesn't have to go through NE. And, not taking anything away from NE - a VERY good team - but their last two SB wins have been as much about opponent miscues as NE talent.

If Miami takes two of those games the sky will surely be falling. Just saying. lol

Ummm... ok. I guess this person felt it was necessary to write this. Bringing something new to the table.

Belichick is the greatest coach of all time. Brady is an excellent QB, but the greatness observed in his play is a personification of Belichick's greatness.

Ask yourself... Which one would have greatest success without the other, Brady or Belichick? We've already seen what the coach can still do without the QB.

You know I've been waiting 16 years for us to surpass NE. That in itself is amazing. If you think back we may have had a better team in 2001 and 2002 but it didn't matter. It's going to take excellent coaching and continuity to overtake the Patriots. Lets hope we have some pieces in place.

They have to already b the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl next year. Let's hope we can be relevant.

Ya know I don't think this has been beaten to death for 16 years. Has this ever been discussed before? Seriously, what an original article this guy wrote. Great insight. I didn't know any of this, and I'm certainly not sick and tired of beating the dead horse that is the situation in the AFC East. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belichick is the greatest coach of all time. Brady is an excellent QB, but the greatness observed in his play is a personification of Belichick's greatness.

Ask yourself... Which one would have greatest success without the other, Brady or Belichick? We've already seen what the coach can still do without the QB.

Yes, Not get over the hump (Cleveland), go 5-11 (Bledsoe 2000) and go 11-5 but miss the playoffs with an absolute all star team minus the QB (2008, Cassell). Belechick is great but don't minimize Brady. Simply put he's the best ever at finding an open guy and delivering an accurate pass. Sounds simple enough but there are plenty of NFL QB who either suck at it or can't do it as consistently as Tom.

not only afc east.....the afc period.
king of hill N.E will they make it back to sb....
1. if jets do not get qb their done in 2018.
2. buf with out tyrod there done to. with tyrod they have a chance. 8-8 or 9-7
3. dolphins should be good again. as long as they do not have let down. 9-7 to 10-6

4. kc ,oak, pit and bal which one of these team will be in N.E way to prevent them from going to sb....
I would say Denver and hou as well but qb is issue

Belicheck is generational type of coach. Coaches like that come along once every generation. Walsh, Shula, Johnson, Landry etc. Until Belicheck gets too old the Patriots will still be top contenders

Belicheck is generational type of coach. Coaches like that come along once every generation. Walsh, Shula, Johnson, Landry etc. Until Belicheck gets too old the Patriots will still be top contenders

And Brady is a generational type of QB. Unfortunately, they got paired up together and now we've had to deal with 16 years of domination with probably at least another 3 or 5 left to go.

Wonder what would have happened if Mo Lewis hadn't clobbered Drew Bledsole?

Back
Top Bottom