Miami Dolphins and the rest of the AFC East must face reality | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins and the rest of the AFC East must face reality

Wonder what would have happened if Mo Lewis hadn't clobbered Drew Bledsole?

It's interesting to think about.... The likely scenario is Bledsoe gets hurt in some other way and Brady comes in and does the same stuff he did, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta laid the blueprint on how to beat NE, and did it for 3 quarters. On defense - Jam receivers at the line, make sure tackles limiting YAC, pressure Brady. On offense - score early and often. Do not settle for FG's, you need to score TDs. Had it not been for bad play calling on one series, Atlanta would have been the champs.

Miami could have the same offensive capability next year. We have three very good WRs, a bruising RB who can dominate, and if we address our O-line, they can score enough points to beat NE. What they need to do is fix the LB core, get the DB's to play press and stay healthy in the secondary.

Brady will not be around much longer. He is getting older, and will be taking more hits. More hits will wear him down. He already is losing touch on his deep ball. Most of stats come from the the short passes with huge YAC. Father Time will be tapping him on the shoulder soon.

I see good things in Miami's future. Overly optimistic? Maybe .....

Atlanta laid the blueprint on how to beat NE, and did it for 3 quarters. On defense - Jam receivers at the line, make sure tackles limiting YAC, pressure Brady. On offense - score early and often. Do not settle for FG's, you need to score TDs. Had it not been for bad play calling on one series, Atlanta would have been the champs.

Miami could have the same offensive capability next year. We have three very good WRs, a bruising RB who can dominate, and if we address our O-line, they can score enough points to beat NE. What they need to do is fix the LB core, get the DB's to play press and stay healthy in the secondary.

Brady will not be around much longer. He is getting older, and will be taking more hits. More hits will wear him down. He already is losing touch on his deep ball. Most of stats come from the the short passes with huge YAC. Father Time will be tapping him on the shoulder soon.

I see good things in Miami's future. Overly optimistic? Maybe .....

How did NE turn it around against Atl. at one point every pass was working for NE. It was some adjustment that Billicheck made in connection with Atl's D being on the field too long. I really think Billicheck is the key to NE's success.

Herb Brooks is turning in his grave.
What a defeatist piece of garbage. I guess the Phins, Bills and Jets should just roll over.

Reality is severely overrated.

Your Uncle Bumpus recommends copious amounts of alcohol.

You're welcome. :up:

Although the 2002 loss to NE the last game of the season was heartbreaking because they missed the playoffs, the overtime loss in Miami to NE in 2003 (19-13) was just as painful. And, any discerning fan could see that the Brady/Belichick combo was the up and coming duo in the AFC East. It was the game where I truly thought that the Wannstedt/Fiedler era was probably done, realistically. And Olindo Mare died on the old Pro Player dirt infield that day.

Yes, Not get over the hump (Cleveland), go 5-11 (Bledsoe 2000) and go 11-5 but miss the playoffs with an absolute all star team minus the QB (2008, Cassell). Belechick is great but don't minimize Brady. Simply put he's the best ever at finding an open guy and delivering an accurate pass. Sounds simple enough but there are plenty of NFL QB who either suck at it or can't do it as consistently as Tom.

Guess when is the last time the Brown's won a playoff game?

Don't think too hard, you're already talking about him. Same guy who taught Brady everything he knows at the professional level.

And Modell tore Cleveland down the following that playoff winning season, firing everyone and moved the team.

Guess when is the last time the Brown's won a playoff game?

Don't think too hard, you're already talking about him. Same guy who taught Brady everything he knows at the professional level.

And Modell tore Cleveland down the following that playoff winning season, firing everyone and moved the team.

I'm not trying to minimize Belly either, I know he's great. Brady's an animal though. There's a story about him finding a scouting report on himself following the 2000 season that said he had poor footwork. Towards the end of the season some teammates stopped by his place and his living room carpet was worn badly in one spot. Brady practiced drop backs and footwork so much that offseason he wore out the living room carpet. They're both great and probably would be very successful without each other but I believe neither would be this successful. Tom Brady is not a jag made great by Belechivk, no way I believe that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I've been waiting 16 years for us to surpass NE. That in itself is amazing. If you think back we may have had a better team in 2001 and 2002 but it didn't matter. It's going to take excellent coaching and continuity to overtake the Patriots. Lets hope we have some pieces in place.

They have to already b the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl next year. Let's hope we can be relevant.

Let's not get carried away. No team has ever been an odds-on favorite to win the Super Bowl this far removed from the game, and no team ever will be. Very, very few teams have been odds-on favorite entering the playoffs.

To demonstrate how much of a burden there is to become an odds-on favorite, Tiger Woods has 79 official PGA tournament victories. He has never been an odds-on favorite prior to the event. That is correct. The lowest odds were 6/5 in the 2000 British Open and PGA Championship.

For reference purposes, dozens of horses across the country do go off as odds-on favorite every day.

New England right now is sitting between 9/2 and 6/1 odds for next year's Super Bowl. That's in the typical range for the favorite, this far out.

I'm not confident Belichick would have a Super Bowl victory without Tom Brady. That's how much of a difference I think Brady has made. For some reason fans love to spite opposing players but don't mind heaping praise on a coach. If the talent level and game planning were so awesome then many of the Super Bowl wins would be by wide margin. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson quarterbacked teams that won in absolute routs. Instead, every Patriot win has come down to the wire. Brady had to produce go-ahead points inside the final 2 minutes or in overtime in 4 of the 5 victories. The exception was the Eagles game when the Patriots took the lead for good early in the 4th quarter. Actually I think the winning touchdown against Seattle was slightly outside 2 minutes, but the point stands.

I still think Joe Montana is the best quarterback I've ever seen. That was a more difficult era and especially coming out of the NFC, which was stacked with well-coached powerhouses with incredibly physical teams. The 49ers could get shoved around by those teams like in the 1983 playoffs versus the Redskins or 1986 versus the Giants yet whisk it off and return with more titles.

You know I've been waiting 16 years for us to surpass NE. That in itself is amazing. If you think back we may have had a better team in 2001 and 2002 but it didn't matter. It's going to take excellent coaching and continuity to overtake the Patriots. Lets hope we have some pieces in place.

They have to already b the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl next year. Let's hope we can be relevant.

Well said - and we have an owner who has always understood the continuity part, and now coach and FO who understand both. Heard Grier talk about continuity quite a bit - glad to hear it. I really think he is going to end up building year-in-year out contender.

Back
Top Bottom