Miami Dolphins and the rest of the AFC East must face reality | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins and the rest of the AFC East must face reality

Another point Adam Gase needs to put his stamp on the defense. Bill Bellichick, while known for his defensive brilliance, has his stamp on both sides of the ball. That is the next step for Gase to show that he can be innovative on defense as well as on offense.

Not sure Gase can put his stamp on our defense since he's never had
any defensive coaching position in his career,He might need help in this regard
from an experienced outsider

Hey, we swept the Bills and Jets. If that happens again, we'll have another great season. And if Tannehill is healthy this time, we might just win our way into the AFC Championship Game with a legitimate chance to win it. THEN we can worry about New England.

Until then, we should keep our eyes on the ball. It's about having a good season and building a better team. It's about improving the roster and getting everyone on the same page with Gase & Co. It's about working towards getting into the playoffs and building towards having a team capable of progressing. We haven't arrived. We are still at the beginning of our journey. Taking down New England means we can play with anybody. It means we have the talent to compete for a Super Bowl and win it. We are not there yet, and anyone who thinks we are is fooling themselves. Anyone suggesting that this should be the bench mark for 2017 isn't in touch with reality. We are making strides, but the road towards that contains a lot of steps that we have yet to take. Let's keep taking those steps, and not foolishly expect a Hulk sized leap in one offseason.

Be thankful that we're moving so quickly down the right path.

Probably true....we will be playing for a wildcard spot again but when the bottom drops out, it drops out FAST. 40 year old QB? It's going to happen and I cannot wait to see it.

I'm thinking that BB and Brady bookend their careers with dynasties and ride off into the sunset. If they win next year, they could retire.

They'd have 2 dynasties (2002,2004,2005) & (2015, 2017, 2018) at the top and bottom of their careers. Pretty impressive feat.

Defeatist attitudes like the one by the author of this article is for losers. That and the guy is just lazy and couldn't bother to think of anything else to write about other than something that has already been hashed over hundreds of times. So a lazy loser wrote an article, I don't think we should bother wasting anymore time on him.

Atlanta's defense stayed on the field too long for the first 3 quarters. Then, I'd have to rewatch, but the corners started sitting off about 3 yards instead of bump and run. Throw in almost zero pass rush in the 4th due to tired dline......and the Pats were going to score every time they touched the ball.

What I couldn't understand was in the 4th quarter Atlanta's offense repeatedly running plays with 10-20 seconds still left on the play clock and throwing it on top of that against a fresh defense with a 3 score lead.

Awful, horrendous coaching to blow a won game.

Credit to NE though for not throwing in the towel and for taking what they were given.

It wasn't the greatest SB ever. Not even close. It was the greatest SB comeback ever but the game had no drama in it through 3 quarters. The best games are the back and forth / high tension ones. This game only got "great" in Q4.

I'm thinking that BB and Brady bookend their careers with dynasties and ride off into the sunset. If they win next year, they could retire.

They'd have 2 dynasties (2002,2004,2005) & (2015, 2017, 2018) at the top and bottom of their careers. Pretty impressive feat.

I am willing to argue their Dynasty spanned 2001-Present.

Defeatist attitudes like the one by the author of this article is for losers. That and the guy is just lazy and couldn't bother to think of anything else to write about other than something that has already been hashed over hundreds of times. So a lazy loser wrote an article, I don't think we should bother wasting anymore time on him.[/QUOTE]

Defeatist attitude among fans is even worse. I am not ready to accept any future that believes we have no chance against them until Brady retires. F them. They are the luckiest good team in the history of the league. Brady is a great game manager. I will give him that.

Reality is New England is lucky Atlanta choked big time. NE seems to always find a way to win but that can't keep happening. We are definitely getting better and Brady is old and afraid of getting hit. Call me an optimist but I don't think NE cakewalks through the league again next year.

Maybe so....but Brady is nearly 40...and father time catches us all

Brady knows everything he is eating everyday over a span of 3 months at a time. He plans on playing well into his 40's. Whether there is a precipitous fall in his skills is yet to be determined though, but he will have his body ready.

Not sure Gase can put his stamp on our defense since he's never had
any defensive coaching position in his career,He might need help in this regard
from an experienced outsider

I think he'll have to evolve into that role. It may not be this year, but I think he needs to get to that point. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, he'll have to continue to get better and more innovative, ahead of the curve etc. to compete with Bellichick.

Back
Top Bottom