Miami Dolphins Decade in Review: 2010 - 2019 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Decade in Review: 2010 - 2019

It's amazing how everything gets blamed on concussions these days . Where were all the mentally limited players from the 1950s-1970s, who were wearing pasta strainers for helmets. Such a cop out imo.

He can follow the rules of the game. Yet he can't follow the rules of a civilized society. And his noodle is a cop out, excuse making at this point.

I think only the Browns had a worse decade than the Dolphins when you think about it. I’m not talking about overall record, but more simply boredom and irrelevance.

even the teams that had mostly bad records for the decade had a bright spot or two... the Jags for instance.

actually just checked again and the Raiders and Buccs have had it worse. Raiders are pretty close having only that one playoff appearance, but it was similar to ours in that their hot QB went down to injury late in the season and they got thumped in the playoffs.

I didn’t realize how bad the Buccs were this past decade. Zero playoff appearances.

He can follow the rules of the game. Yet he can't follow the rules of a civilized society. And his noodle is a cop out, excuse making at this point.

if you can explain how Bess went from a model person and player, even winning awards for his impact in the community, to being a certified nutcase seemingly over night, please make the case.

His situation was not normal. Compare his behavior and speech patterns after when he snapped to before and there was a marked difference. It suggests some sort of neurological issue. Either that was the result of drug abuse or he suffered some sort of brain injury or disease that modified his behavior.

People don’t just dramatically change overnight like that without something like that happening.

if you can explain how Bess went from a model person and player, even winning awards for his impact in the community, to being a certified nutcase seemingly over night, please make the case.

His situation was not normal. Compare his behavior and speech patterns after when he snapped to before and there was a marked difference. It suggests some sort of neurological issue. Either that was the result of drug abuse or he suffered some sort of brain injury or disease that modified his behavior.

People don’t just dramatically change overnight like that without something like that happening.

I dont need to make a case.

I just need to look at the history of the NFL to understand most of today's issues with these players, always seem to be excused by CTE.

For all we know Bess just went full bi polar and lost it.

I dont need to make a case.

I just need to look at the history of the NFL to understand most of today's issues with these players, always seem to be excused by CTE.

For all we know Bess just went full bi polar and lost it.
I am not familiar w what happened to Bess but I did get a big chuckle out of the “pasta strainer” comment.

I am not familiar w what happened to Bess but I did get a big chuckle out of the “pasta strainer” comment.

Running around in leather helmets or plastic shells....

I have a old school Miami Dolphins helmet from the early 80s, I actually wore in the mid 80s as a young football player. Plastic shell, a few pieces of rubber and a chin strap.

Running around in leather helmets or plastic shells....

I have a old school Miami Dolphins helmet from the early 80s, I actually wore in the mid 80s as a young football player. Plastic shell, a few pieces of rubber and a chin strap.
I remember wearing those old school helmets when I played in high school.

I vaguely recall him getting in trouble for pulling his pants down at the airport security line somewhere. Did I make that up?

I vaguely recall him getting in trouble for pulling his pants down at the airport security line somewhere. Did I make that up?

that was after he already snapped.That was the year after he was traded to Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom