Miami Dolphins Decade in Review: 2010 - 2019 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Decade in Review: 2010 - 2019

Thanks for doing that. Very cool. Bess though didn't have his problems with us. They happened in Cleveland.

One of the reasons we traded him was because he snapped here. It wasn't revealed to Cleveland, which is just another really shitty thing Ireland did to others.

Just remembered another quote to add to the list:

"Was your mother a whore?" - Jeff Ireland to Dez Bryant in the draft process

One of the reasons we traded him was because he snappedR here. It wasn't revealed to Cleveland, which is just another really ****ty thing Ireland did to others.
Really? I didn't know that. What happened exactly?

Word of Bess’ prior meltdown was never made public until now.

A month after his hospitalization, the Dolphins traded him to the Cleveland Browns, where he remains to this day. A team spokesman said the Browns are aware of the situation and are working to gather more information.

Bess, 28, already had drawn scrutiny in recent days for two pictures of what appears to be marijuana that he posted on Twitter.

—-

Ireland did them dirty.

Hate to say it, but got to think Bess’s sudden bizarre behavior was a result of concussions. Similar to AB’s breakdown.

Them there boys need to stay off "the Spice" and just do the natural...

Word of Bess’ prior meltdown was never made public until now.

A month after his hospitalization, the Dolphins traded him to the Cleveland Browns, where he remains to this day. A team spokesman said the Browns are aware of the situation and are working to gather more information.

Bess, 28, already had drawn scrutiny in recent days for two pictures of what appears to be marijuana that he posted on Twitter.

—-

Ireland did them dirty.

Hate to say it, but got to think Bess’s sudden bizarre behavior was a result of concussions. Similar to AB’s breakdown.
It's amazing how everything gets blamed on concussions these days . Where were all the mentally limited players from the 1950s-1970s, who were wearing pasta strainers for helmets. Such a cop out imo.

Well, 70 wins in 10 years and one playoff appearance says it all. It's been a tough 10 years, with virtually no stability in the coaching staff, fair to below average quarterback play, bad offensive lines.

Great post, though. Enjoy the highlights. This year's win over New England is pretty high up there, as well as the Miami miracle.

Great post! I love the weirdest moments thing. X could be a top 5 best player on that list perhaps. The Dan Campbell debut for me was actually a two game in a row pummeling of the Titans and Texans (41–0 at half) and easily the most fun I had being a fan the entire decade. With the exception of winning those last games to make the playoffs in 2016. A little love for Matt Moore.

Thanks for doing this.

Thinking about it, if we had to build an all-decade team of the Dolphins for this past decade, would it even make the playoffs? Some of the positions would have major holes.

An All-Decade 2010s Team would look something like this:

QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Jay Ajayi
LT: Jake Long
LG: Richie Incognito
C: Mike Pouncey
RG: John Jerry
RT: Jawan James
WR1: Brandon Marshall
WR2: Jarvis Landry
TE: Charles Clay

DE: Cam Wake
DT: Nmadukong Suh
DT: Randy Starks
DE: Olivier Vernon
LB: Karlos Dansby
LB: Jelani Jenkins
LB: Kiko Alonso
DB: Vontae Davis
DB: Xavien Howard
DB: Brent Grimes
SS: Reshad Jones
FS: Louis Delmas

K: Dan Carpenter

This honestly might not even have been a playoff team in 2019.
Had another look at this one - trying to be objective - I think this team makes the playoffs with a proven coach. But it doesn’t w anyone we had coaching us this decade. The Guard situation has been that dire? Wow.

Had another look at this one - trying to be objective - I think this team makes the playoffs with a proven coach. But it doesn’t w anyone we had coaching us this decade. The Guard situation has been that dire? Wow.

RG has been terrible for the entire decade, I really couldn’t pick one that would even be competent unless I included Pouncey for the year he played the position when Satele was C.

What a pile of dogshit. The Philbin years are lost to me. I've read up on them and most of it's just a blur, although I do now recall being super-excited when we signed Mike Wallace. And that 2013 draft! What a disgrace.

Weirdest thing might just have been Dan Campbell's power stance.

I think only the Browns had a worse decade than the Dolphins when you think about it. I’m not talking about overall record, but more simply boredom and irrelevance.

even the teams that had mostly bad records for the decade had a bright spot or two... the Jags for instance.

Back
Top Bottom