Miami Dolphins Defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Defense

After the slow start this D has really came on of late.

Even Carroll was in there while Vontae was hurt and played much better than he did the start of the year.

Key resigning if we wanna keep a 3-4 will be Soliai and Langford, but I believe Langford could be replaced.

I dont think this season costed wake money. the dude has like 15,000 pressures

pressures or not 6.5 sacks will not get him top pass rusher money. he will get a hefty raise when its time but if he had a second year like last year he would be making more money

After the slow start this D has really came on of late.

Even Carroll was in there while Vontae was hurt and played much better than he did the start of the year.

Key resigning if we wanna keep a 3-4 will be Soliai and Langford, but I believe Langford could be replaced.

All depends on solai's agent . If he comes down on his price to a fair amount then he will get resigned but if he is still asking for top NT money then we will probably let him walk

I think the slow start and crappy games out of the D at the beginning of the season can mostly be attributed to some key defensive players coming back from the lockout in horrible physical condition. I mean seriously, how many Twinkies did Dansby eat over the summer? Did Vontae Davis even walk near a treadmill during the lockout?

All depends on solai's agent . If he comes down on his price to a fair amount then he will get resigned but if he is still asking for top NT money then we will probably let him walk

He deserves top NT money. Dude is a key reason we shut down RBs week in and week out.

If we can get his cap number between $9-10 million a year I think we should pull the trigger.

Of course this will all depend on whether we get a new regime or not.

defense played really well today. shut down mccoy, 27 rush 38 yds. ugly stats.

eagles passing game never really got into sync either. if the defense plays like that with consistency next season, we can be dangerous.

Exactly!!! You are spot on!!! Imagine how good the "D" would have been with a full training camp and OTA'S ... I for 1 am looking forward to next season ...

He deserves top NT money. Dude is a key reason we shut down RBs week in and week out.

If we can get his cap number between $9-10 million a year I think we should pull the trigger.

Of course this will all depend on whether we get a new regime or not.

I personally could care less if we keep him especially at that price, he is replaceable. No way in the world should we pay him like 10 million a year.

Soliai has been dominant this season. He may be the most under-rated defensive linemen in the league. We will need to give him a huge payday in the offseason.

I personally could care less if we keep him especially at that price, he is replaceable. No way in the world should we pay him like 10 million a year.

Finding a great NT is not easy. Especially when we have two ILBs who are not great against the run.

We lose him, our run D will suffer for awhile.

You're right, $10 million would be excessive, but I can see anywhere close to or below $9 millions a year.

I think the biggest hold up in the talks was the guaranteed money. If he is offered more guaranteed money, I think he'd consider just over $8.5 million a year.

He's played like an elite NT this year.

Finding a great NT is not easy. Especially when we have two ILBs who are not great against the run.

We lose him, our run D will suffer for awhile.

much better to sign another guy than eat up our cap with an overrated NT. Yes he is good but he is not worthy of being among the highest paid Nt's. To pay him more than a guy like rubin is idiotic. Pouha from the jets is just as good , Wilfork of course is better and Dareus from the Bills has more upside. I just dont see the logic in overpaying this guy esp when Sione Pouha will be a free agent and can be had for much less than friggin 10 mill a year.

much better to sign another guy than eat up our cap with an overrated NT. Yes he is good but he is not worthy of being among the highest paid Nt's. To pay him more than a guy like rubin is idiotic. Pouha from the jets is just as good , Wilfork of course is better and Dareus from the Bills has more upside. I just dont see the logic in overpaying this guy esp when Sione Pouha will be a free agent and can be had for much less than friggin 10 mill a year.

"Dolphins are holding opponents to 89.9 rushing yards per game, which has Miami ranked 3rd in the NFL. Only 49ers and Ravens are better".......Doesnt look like you know much about football but NT are there to stop the run and Soliai is clearly doing that. They'll end up franchising him again and hopefully be able to come up with a long term contract.....if not that's guaranteed cash in the bank.

I'd be willing to be that dlockz watches miami play football, and can clearly see with his eyes that soliai is not playing like a NT who should merit top $$$ considerations.

If the dolphins franchise him again, (they won't), it will be an epic waste of about 5 million dollars.

bottom line... he's serviceable, NOT elite. aka, replaceable.

sign for a fair amount our buh bye paul.

Back
Top Bottom