Miami Dolphins highest paid players in 2014 as of 2/9/14 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins highest paid players in 2014 as of 2/9/14

The concern is not so much what you are paying a player but more of is that player worth that much?

If the Dolphins make the playoffs this year then the big contracts payouts would be more justifiable.

The concern is not so much what you are paying a player but more of is that player worth that much?

If the Dolphins make the playoffs this year then the big contracts payouts would be more justifiable.

Agreed but, the contracts were fair market value, and players need a little time for things to play out. Team and scheme changes are not that easy in today's NFL.

I believe the biggest frustration among Phans is not having the long term draft picks have success, and having to count on FA year after year, after year, after year, etc. There are no players for Phans, especially younger ones, to identify with as no one is here long enough to.

The OP is accurate but, is telling less than half the story. Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler all played last year for a "$1 Million" salary each. That is less than our punter is costing for the 2013 salaries of all three. Of course their cost is gonna go up but, why look at one without the other? It makes no sense.

Ellerbe is 28, and got a 5 year $35M deal to replace Dansy who is 32, and had a 5 year $43M deal, and would have cost just under $9M last year.

Wheeler is 29, and got a 5 year $26M deal to replace Burnett who is 31, and had a 4 year $20M deal. Also, Wheeler's salary drops to $2.9M next year.

We got younger and cheaper on the two LB moves, and they made sense at the time. Granted that they did not work out well last year but, that does not mean they they will not this year and for the future.

In any case, you need to look at the overall contracts and not just one year.

None of these guys made only 1 million last year. That's the way people see it if they don't include bonuses and such. Wallace has 30 million guaranteed and will average like 12 million a year. We got cheaper for a year, now these gusy are making similar money to the guys they replaced.
overall contracts u say Wallace is one of the highest paid receivers in the nfl. Ellerbee makes on average what Jerod Mayo makes. Wheeler is now already more expensive than Burnett. Next year Ellebee cap hit 10 million and yes Wheler's cap hit falls but to 4.4 million.
Wallace is the 4th highest paid receiver in the league

None of these guys made only 1 million last year. That's the way people see it if they don't include bonuses and such. Wallace has 30 million guaranteed and will average like 12 million a year. We got cheaper for a year, now these gusy are making similar money to the guys they replaced.
overall contracts u say Wallace is one of the highest paid receivers in the nfl. Ellerbee makes on average what Jerod Mayo makes. Wheeler is now already more expensive than Burnett. Next year Ellebee cap hit 10 million and yes Wheler's cap hit falls but to 4.4 million.
Wallace is the 4th highest paid receiver in the league

I know the cap and contracts as well as anyone here, and did specify "salary" which did not include bonus's. The point you apparently missed was that all three player took a LOT less last year, and that has to factor into what they are getting this year. How are you judging who is more expensive than who? Can't do it without looking at the entire deal.

I want Wallace on the team. I think he helps wins games.

I know the cap and contracts as well as anyone here, and did specify "salary" which did not include bonus's. The point you apparently missed was that all three player took a LOT less last year, and that has to factor into what they are getting this year. How are you judging who is more expensive than who? Can't do it without looking at the entire deal.

The point is they ddnt take less , its just the way it structured. Im looking at the entire deals . No matter how u look at any of these three deals they are overpaid. Its not like we are the only team in the league doing it .
Quit looking at a low first year cap number and determining that guys took less. The bonus and the guaranteed money is what counts. If its all about guaranteed money then Wallace is the second highest guaranteed paid wr in the league. Avg per year he is the 4th highesr paid. Guarantee per year he is the second highest paid. Total contract 4th highest paid.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I want Wallace on the team. I think he helps wins games.

nothing wrong with that. Wallace is a good receiver unfortunately he is paid like one of the best in the game.
I would rather we had drafted Dez Bryant and ignored the silly crap but no time machine is present.

A new OC is not going to help him hold onto the ball any better
How dare u , Mike Wallace could have easily scored 25 tds if Tannehill had hit him on every pass, he said so himself. The NFL record is nothing to ole Lightning Mike and that's just him being modest

Maybe if our coaches, and gm did their homework, especially Sherman, who coached Tannehill, they would know Tannehill struggles with the deep ball. So keeping one of the best ball control recievers in the game, would have been smarter, than getting a burner, your qb can't hit for the life of him.

To clarify what Wallace did this year. He was thrown to 36 times over 20 yards in the air, and caught 6.

Between 10-19 yards, he caught 24 of 47. Between 0-9 yards, he caught 32 of 42. Behind the line, he was ii of 12. He had 36 passes over the middle, and we did try the bubble screens used in Pitt.

How many were actually watching the games?

The "fail" of Ireland is so apparent in that list...how the hell did people defend that moron?

To clarify what Wallace did this year. He was thrown to 36 times over 20 yards in the air, and caught 6.

Between 10-19 yards, he caught 24 of 47. Between 0-9 yards, he caught 32 of 42. Behind the line, he was ii of 12. He had 36 passes over the middle, and we did try the bubble screens used in Pitt.

How many were actually watching the games?

I believe that stat was.....out of the 36 deep passes thrown to Wallace only 6 or 8 of them were even catchable. Not sure where you were going with that but that stat is only good for one thing...making Tanne look awful at deep passes.

I believe that stat was.....out of the 36 deep passes thrown to Wallace only 6 or 8 of them were even catchable. Not sure where you were going with that but that stat is only good for one thing...making Tanne look awful at deep passes.

Point was not deep throws this year but Wallace doing much more than that of a "one trick pony" in going mid range and short, as well as over the middle, and on bubble screens. Posters saying differently did not watch games, and are blowing smoke.

Point was not deep throws this year but Wallace doing much more than that of a "one trick pony" in going mid range and short, as well as over the middle, and on bubble screens. Posters saying differently did not watch games, and are blowing smoke.

Oh okay :brewskis:...was't sure what you were getting at. I must say I watched all of the games and always do every year. I think it's debatable that he is a one trick pony. I wouldn't say that he can't do other things, but the deep ball is the only thing he really excels at.

Oh okay :brewskis:...was't sure what you were getting at. I must say I watched all of the games and always do every year. I think it's debatable that he is a one trick pony. I wouldn't say that he can't do other things, but the deep ball is the only thing he really excels at.

Yeah but, he did do other things with some success, which is why he was close to 1.000 yards in a bad year.

Back
Top Bottom