Miami Dolphins’ Humble Giant Jesse Davis Says He Was ‘not Very Good’ In ’17 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Humble Giant Jesse Davis Says He Was ‘not Very Good’ In ’17

dude is an interesting case study -- undrafted then bounces around a few times -- lands on our PS and suddenly he's a player!

It would seem he worked his ask off ramping up to handle the N F L !

If he is what we think, this will be the opposite of fans are used to seeing. Usually it's Miami letting someone go who plays quite well for a later team. Hope this is a sign of better evaluation.

If he is what we think, this will be the opposite of fans are used to seeing. Usually it's Miami letting someone go who plays quite well for a later team. Hope this is a sign of better evaluation.

When all is said and done -- it certainly helps to have a little good luck and have some unexpected positive things come your way...

I mean -- it was really BAD LUCK we traded up in the 1st round to select that crappy duck DE -- and the way we supposed got "lucky" with Tunsil sliding and landing in our lap...but -- so far he's less than expected... So even our "good luck" has been tainted a tad!

LOL.

You say that but I really can't think of anyone where that is the case. Miller has been awful since he left, Vernon had one good year and a disappointing year especially at the money he makes. Clay got paid huge money and has under achieved and is always hurt. Ajayi was ok but nothing special plus he is due to get paid and had a bad attitude and a degenerative knee. Mike Wallace sucks. Not one of those guys leaving has negatively effected this franchise's fortune. Can you name someone that has gone on to be better with another team after recently leaving the Dolphins. I honestly can't think of anyone.

You say that but I really can't think of anyone where that is the case. Miller has been awful since he left, Vernon had one good year and a disappointing year especially at the money he makes. Clay got paid huge money and has under achieved and is always hurt. Ajayi was ok but nothing special plus he is due to get paid and had a bad attitude and a degenerative knee. Mike Wallace sucks. Not one of those guys leaving has negatively effected this franchise's fortune. Can you name someone that has gone on to be better with another team after recently leaving the Dolphins. I honestly can't think of anyone.

Walker, V Davis, a guard who's name I forget I should have said 'the perception is . . .'

It's about dang time we found a late round/undrafted OL who turned out to be a gem. Seems like every other team finds them.

So is Davis better at RT than Sam Young? The real question is when James gets hurt this season, do we replace with Young or slide Davis over and Larsen back in at RG? Would be more valuable if Davis could take over the RT spot in 2019, but I hate moving guys around too much and never letting them settle into 1 spot.

So is Davis better at RT than Sam Young? The real question is when James gets hurt this season, do we replace with Young or slide Davis over and Larsen back in at RG? Would be more valuable if Davis could take over the RT spot in 2019, but I hate moving guys around too much and never letting them settle into 1 spot.
This is my biggest peeve too. When Davis settled in at guard he improved each week. The coaches need to stop all the damn flip flopping. Let this guy play guard from beginning to end and all will see just how good he can get - which I believe will be real good, I see a lot if good in him. The only way an O line can get consistent is to keep the players in consistent positions.

This is my biggest peeve too. When Davis settled in at guard he improved each week. The coaches need to stop all the damn flip flopping. Let this guy play guard from beginning to end and all will see just how good he can get - which I believe will be real good, I see a lot if good in him. The only way an O line can get consistent is to keep the players in consistent positions.

Yah I wish we knew if he would be a better long term RT like many people think based on his body type. Would be a much more valuable position on the cheap. If not, I'd leave him at RG and not move him again.

I am really curious if the plan was to move him to RT if they let James go.

We did not extend James, just picked up the option year, correct? So RG this year with potential for RT depending on James' performance and price. Would be fantastic to get a good, long term oline in place

I mentioned in one of the draft posts, or pouncy, or Larsen, or one of them, for the most part its 4 post now, Tanne, Gase, Draft, Lump sum...but anyways :-) I don't know what is the exact time frame in which we could back out of James in contract, and it would be a douchebag move if we did this late in the offseason....but ya know, whats best for team. If Nelson is somehow available at 11, as much as we need D and our OL SHOULD be solid this year, I'm not opposed to drafted Nelson, letting him man the RG spot for 2 years, Sliding Davis out to RT. If Nelson is drafted then they can get on the phones and maybe try to ship James off to another team for a mid round pick (preferred) or player for player to save some cap room or get depth somewhere. at the same time I have no problem extending James for cap savings and cheaper longer contract and leaving Davis at RG.

John Gruden couldn't say enough about Jesse Davis when he was doing color for one of our games. I think Davis is from Iowa and Gruden was going on and on about how tough and NFL ready those Iowa linemen are etc. Whoever found Davis, give him a raise for a job well done.

Back
Top Bottom