Miami Dolphins LB Mike Hull fighting to keep hold on starting spot | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins LB Mike Hull fighting to keep hold on starting spot

It's the rare jewels of sanity and logic like this that make me come to this site

If that team had an injury to their starter, the answer is yes. That's the situation we need to compare this to.
He's not the 1st team. He's the backup called in to start due to an injury.
Can anyone name the backup MLB for every other team, off the top of their heads?
If you can't, then your post is purely conjecture

I remember there was a scout that said before last years draft he would never recommend Hull to the team that he worked for. He said Hull is the kind of guy that coaches fall in love with because of his work ethic and leadership so it takes them longer to realize the guy is not a good NFL linebacker.

damn..lol

Thought the same thing. Rey can get up to speed, anyone with nagging injuries can heal, and Cutler can get more reps with his playmakers.

Not really true as the players have wed to Sunday off. Who knows if they can get in Monday or will have a place to practice.

I don't think Hull is that bad. I think he's doing pretty good to be an undrafted player. He's a decent backup that's in a starting role by default. If people are disappointed in him it's because their expectations for him were too high to begin with.

I agree. There is not another team that would start him. Not questioning his effort, just his ability.

Yeah, I don't agree with that sentiment. He seems to have the mental aspect down, which is better than throwing somebody like Wheeler or Ellerbe out there. There are definitely a few teams that he would start or play significant snaps on.

Fair enough. I literally forgot he's been pressed into service due to injury.

If he had just a bit more speed he'd be an NFL starter. Everything else about his game is good enough but he just isn't fast enough to be a true number 1.

So basically teams will go base personnel against us and pick on Maualuga in the passing game and if we switch to Hull or Nickel they'll run us out of it. Is this our fate? Have to stop the run in Nickel?

So basically teams will go base personnel against us and pick on Maualuga in the passing game and if we switch to Hull or Nickel they'll run us out of it. Is this our fate? Have to stop the run in Nickel?

We can hide mauluga provided we win the los with the front 4

What we can't hide is the nickel lb level if we get an injury.

Mike hull is gonna get trucked and engulfed on goalline and short yardage mauluga has to provide a upgrade there otherwise this add is worthless. We need him to provide that thump and poa play

I don't think Hull is that bad. I think he's doing pretty good to be an undrafted player. He's a decent backup that's in a starting role by default. If people are disappointed in him it's because their expectations for him were too high to begin with.

I'm pretty far from being a scout, but he does look more like he belongs out there than alot of the street people we've sent out there the last couple years.

Back
Top Bottom