Miami Dolphins: Left tackle Jesse Davis plans to play through the pain against Los Angeles Chargers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Left tackle Jesse Davis plans to play through the pain against Los Angeles Chargers

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins coach Brian Flores is counting on veterans Jesse Davis and Daniel Kilgore to anchor an offensive line that has been in flux since the first game of the season

Injuries have plagued the Dolphins offensive line to the point where a key veteran like starting left tackle Jesse Davis is inclined to play through the pain.
Davis was one of five players limited in practice Wednesday, as he worked through drills with a brace protecting his right elbow. He suffered the setback in last Sunday’s 31-6 loss to the Dallas Cowboys but is intent on playing this weekend against the Los Angeles Chargers.

“As of right now, it’s day to day but I’m not counting myself out,” said Davis, who entered training camp as the projected starting right guard, then moved to right tackle before shifting over to the left side against New England in Week 2. “We’ll see moving forward where we’re at by the end of the week. I haven’t played with that certain brace before, but I had a soft one last year. It’s not going to be a big issue. A lot of tackles around the league wear one.”

He should not risk getting hurt even more. Wilson played week one and now he's missed two weeks in a row.

Draft both the Iowa tackles

Fix the $%@$! O-line this off season once and for all and stop messing around signing a boat load of journeymen and guys who couldn't block their way out of a wet paper sack.

He should not risk getting hurt even more. Wilson played week one and now he's missed two weeks in a row.

I doubt Wilson playing week one had anything to do with it. I don't expect Wilson to ever be a viable NFL player after that hip injury and more time isn't gonna fix that.

As far as Davis, it does make sense with a bye coming up just to get him back healthy.

Back
Top Bottom