Miami Dolphins Pro Bowl offensive starters the Past 22 years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Pro Bowl offensive starters the Past 22 years

Goonies

Active Roster
Reaction score
Drafting has been this organization’s demise for over 20 years. Here are our offensive allstars for the past 20 years.

1- Ricky Williams ( from a trade, first team all-pro)
2- Jarvis Landry ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
3- Jake Long ( draft , first team all-pro)
4- Mike pouncey ( draft, pro bowl alternate)
5- Ronnie Brown ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
6- Richie incognito ( free agent, alternate)
7-Brandon Marshall ( free agent, alternate)
8-Chris chambers( draft, alternate)

These are the players in the past 20 years on offense that made a pro bowl as a dolphins either as a starter or alternate on offense. Take a look how many were drafted by us. Our front office ability to evaluate talent is way below average. This needs to improve if we ever want to be a top team.

Last edited:
How would I approach this draft if I was Flores? You draft impact players on offense. @ 3 you either pick smith, pitts or chase and @ 18 you pick Harris or another WR. Go offense all the way. Second round draft best center and another offensive player.

Drafting has been this organization’s demise for over 20 years. Here are our offensive allstars for the past 20 years.

1- Ricky Williams ( from a trade, first team all-pro)
2- Jarvis Landry ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
3- Jake Long ( draft , first team all-pro)
4- Mike pouncey ( draft, pro bowl alternate)
5- Ronnie Brown ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
6- Richie incognito ( free agent, alternate)

These are the players in the past 20 years on offense that made a pro bowl as a dolphins either as a starter or alternate on offense. Take a look how many were drafted by us. Our front office ability to evaluate talent is way below average. This needs to improve if we ever want to be a top team.
Well -- also have to consider unless the player is clearly dominant the "awards" always go to the players on the better teams! Hard to achieve recognition playing on a loser (and we've been a loser more often than not).

That said your core point is accurate -- we need some big-time players on offense to consistently kick some ass!

Well -- also have to consider unless the player is clearly dominant the "awards" always go to the players on the better teams! Hard to achieve recognition playing on a loser (and we've been a loser more often than not).

That said your core point is accurate -- we need some big-time players on offense to consistently kick some ***!
Btw the only real dominant big time player on that list hands down is Ricky Williams. SMH

If devonta smith is there at 3 , that should be the guy. Heisman trophy winner, best separation and route runner in this class, he’s 6’1and can add muscle to his frame. Draft the slim reaper and don’t look back.
Then somehow trade up from 18 and get pitts.

I wish I could find the article, but I believe I read somewhere that the Dolphins had the longest streak in the NFL without a Pro Bowl QB.
Apparently we haven’t had an All-Pro QB since Marino in 1986 (third year straight). And no Miami QB in the Pro Bowl at all since Marino in 1995.

No coach since Shula has had a Pro Bowl QB in Miami. That’s 8 coaches and counting (without including interims) and over 25 years of futility in that department.

Funny thing is: the worse the team deteriorates, and the more one looks back on the “glory years” post-Super Bowl XIX, one realizes that they weren’t all that, particularly the last 10 years of Shula and the stretch of decent teams into the 2000s. Compared to what’s come since, however, it was amazing.

No question we’ve had subpar front office people in the past. I’ve been highly critical at times and it has been the correct position.

But I think we’ve seen a sea change. Flores has experience in scouting with NE. I think he has a very good eye for talent and good analytical skills. Plus Marvin Allen has a very strong history of drafting elsewhere. With those two in place, all of a sudden we had a very strong draft last year. Things may be trending in the right direction. We can always hope and be optimistic since there have been changes.

Maybe it won’t work out but I’m hoping for the best. This is a big draft coming up, but with Flores and Allen involved I am comfortable we can replicate the considerable amount of talent we collected last year. This team is no doubt trending in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom