Miami Dolphins Pro Bowl offensive starters the Past 22 years | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Pro Bowl offensive starters the Past 22 years

No question we’ve had subpar front office people in the past. I’ve been highly critical at times and it has been the correct position.

But I think we’ve seen a sea change. Flores has experience in scouting with NE. I think he has a very good eye for talent and good analytical skills. Plus Marvin Allen has a very strong history of drafting elsewhere. With those two in place, all of a sudden we had a very strong draft last year. Things may be trending in the right direction. We can always hope and be optimistic since there have been changes.

Maybe it won’t work out but I’m hoping for the best. This is a big draft coming up, but with Flores and Allen involved I am comfortable we can replicate the considerable amount of talent we collected last year. This team is no doubt trending in the right direction.
We don't know if we had "a strong" draft last year yet. I didn't like the fact they passed on every WR and RB in the draft. The players drafted might or might not turned out to be good but we don't know that yet. Time will tell.

That really puts a lot in perspective.

Hopefully, this draft is hit after hit.

I wish I could find the article, but I believe I read somewhere that the Dolphins had the longest streak in the NFL without a Pro Bowl QB.
Which is sad when you look at teams like Cleveland and Chicago who had their issues of finding a QB just like Miami lol

We don't know if we had "a strong" draft last year yet. I didn't like the fact they passed on every WR and RB in the draft. The players drafted might or might not turned out to be good but we don't know that yet. Time will tell.
We had 7-8 guys who showed considerable promise as rookies. A lot of these guys can be core players. 2-3 years from now that class will prove itself as one of the best in franchise history, IMO. The volume of contributors alone will be eye popping.

Rookies by definition are developing players. i like the potential of a lot of those guys.

This is coming from a guy (meaning me) who has skewered draft after draft, and I turned out right more often than not.

We had 7-8 guys who showed considerable promise as rookies. A lot of these guys can be core players. 2-3 years from now that class will prove itself as one of the best in franchise history, IMO. The volume of contributors alone will be eye popping.

Rookies by definition are developing players. i like the potential of a lot of those guys.

This is coming from a guy (meaning me) who has skewered draft after draft, and I turned out right more often than not.
I agree it could turned out to be a good class. I'm just saying we can't call it a strong class this soon.

Btw the only real dominant big time player on that list hands down is Ricky Williams. SMH
That’s the first thing I noted. The rest had their moments but Ricky is the only super star on the list (Jake Long was as O-linemen go) and it’s not even close. And we didn’t draft him. Doh!

I wish I could find the article, but I believe I read somewhere that the Dolphins had the longest streak in the NFL without a Pro Bowl QB.
well one comes to wonder how the bears got a qb in the pro bowl

Drafting has been this organization’s demise for over 20 years. Here are our offensive allstars for the past 20 years.

1- Ricky Williams ( from a trade, first team all-pro)
2- Jarvis Landry ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
3- Jake Long ( draft , first team all-pro)
4- Mike pouncey ( draft, pro bowl alternate)
5- Ronnie Brown ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
6- Richie incognito ( free agent, alternate)
7-Brandon Marshall ( free agent, alternate)
8-Chris chambers( draft, alternate)

These are the players in the past 20 years on offense that made a pro bowl as a dolphins either as a starter or alternate on offense. Take a look how many were drafted by us. Our front office ability to evaluate talent is way below average. This needs to improve if we ever want to be a top team.
Oh and everyone wants picks. Give it all for Watson. History is your best lesson. Three first round busts last year

I hope Chris Grier writes a book some day because his tenure with the Dolphins is incredible with that draft history.

There’s got to be some good draft stories from him. Ross was in the draft rooms and not only kept Grier, but promoted him too for a reason.

Drafting has been this organization’s demise for over 20 years. Here are our offensive allstars for the past 20 years.

1- Ricky Williams ( from a trade, first team all-pro)
2- Jarvis Landry ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
3- Jake Long ( draft , first team all-pro)
4- Mike pouncey ( draft, pro bowl alternate)
5- Ronnie Brown ( pro bowl alternate, draft)
6- Richie incognito ( free agent, alternate)
7-Brandon Marshall ( free agent, alternate)
8-Chris chambers( draft, alternate)

These are the players in the past 20 years on offense that made a pro bowl as a dolphins either as a starter or alternate on offense. Take a look how many were drafted by us. Our front office ability to evaluate talent is way below average. This needs to improve if we ever want to be a top team.

Yep and 70% on here would rather continue with the unknown and keep our draft picks instead of trading for Watson or Wilson, even when our draft history has been so average-below average. I will never understand or agree with that logic, I guess I see the real value of those picks and the realistic expectations.

Back
Top Bottom