Miami Dolphins Quarterback Decisions, So Terrible This Century, Finally On Right Path | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Quarterback Decisions, So Terrible This Century, Finally On Right Path

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The single greatest problem the Miami Dolphins have endured since the spring of 2000 when Dan Marino retired has been messing up quarterback moves. It has not been one mistake, but mistake after error after pratfall multiplied over nearly two decades.

The Dolphins don’t draft Drew Brees in 2001.

The Dolphins don’t sign Brees as a free agent in 2006.

The Dolphins pick up concussion-prone Trent Green in 2007 and, amazingly, he sustains a season-ending concussion.

The Dolphins don’t draft Matt Ryan but do pick Chad Henne and follow that by selecting Pat White one year later — two back-to-back second-round busts.

The Dolphins shrug shoulders when Ryan Tannehill opts not to have knee surgery after tearing his ACL in 2016. The Dolphins don’t bring in someone to compete with Tannehill in 2017 and instead double down on the guy, giving him more guaranteed money for 2018, which makes getting rid of him more painful.

You have just read the autopsy for about 15 Dolphins seasons that were dead on arrival because the quarterback wasn’t right. And that’s the primary reason Dave Wannstedt, Rick Spielman, Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland, Joe Philbin, Mike Tannenbaum and Adam Gase didn’t get it done in Miami.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article227957544.html#storylink=cpy

Isn't drafting so much easier in hindsight? God, did someone actually get paid to write that drivel?
I’m not upset about not drafting Brees. I am upset they took Brees over Culpepper. However drafting Pat white for a fad was purely idiotic.

We can't change the past. Moving forward we have to draft smart. You won't hit on every pick but don't get cute and outsmart yourselves. And don't waste picks away to draft players you don't need(Carroo).....start making exceptions and you'll end up with a team full of them.

Not listing that spending the #8 pick in the draft on a QB who was a 5th year senior, finished the season as the 56th rated QB out of 115 (93 ranked if just using his second half stats), had perhaps the best offensive supporting cast in college that year, and led the #8 preseason team to 7-6 record and out of the top 25 makes this article incomplete.

Then compounding that stupidity with Miami not seriously attempting to bring in legitimate competition for 7 years means this franchise has been incompetent.

At least now there is hope Miami is moving in the right direction. The trading of Tannehill makes this a GREAT day to be a Dolphin fan and reason to be optimistic!

Isn't drafting so much easier in hindsight? God, did someone actually get paid to write that drivel?

Honestly... yes... however many of us wanted Brees over Jamar Fletcher at the time...I was big advocate of Aaron Rodgers at the time...many of us wanted Matt Ryan over the left tackle.

This team truly avoided drafting good QB prospects until a Tannehill...who was a converted receiver with limited experience.

You have to take shots when you can get a chance at QB’s....Don Shula got it and had 3 hall of fame QB’s.

Planting a flag and saying we are on the right path when at the moment we don't even have any idea of what are plans are for next season and beyond at quarterback seems to be spiking the ball at the 25 yard line.

Planting a flag and saying we are on the right path when at the moment we don't even have any idea of what are plans are for next season and beyond at quarterback seems to be spiking the ball at the 25 yard line.

Now that is some funny ****. Unfortunately it's true.

It's kind of funny that not having a starting caliber quarterback qualifies as being on the right path.
Especially considering we have no clue what their path is. They could end up reaching for a first round QB this year who ends up being the next Tannehill for all we know.

I have my beef with Grier but I tell ya what, I like it so far with him and Flores and what their doing.

They don’t give a fu## what anyone thinks on how they are doing business right now..

Head down, focus on this rebuild, clean house baby, # 1 priority is to gain assets for the future.

Give me the way to early say we're on the right path of quarterback will no path so far hopefully we choose someone good but this article is pretty lame

Back
Top Bottom