Miami Dolphins reach out to another of NFL Draft’s top quarterbacks. And interviews booked | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins reach out to another of NFL Draft’s top quarterbacks. And interviews booked

Diligence, smoke, or a plan none of us see coming?

I have heard varying opinions on the guy, and come away with the impression he is as raw as an uncooked porterhouse, but has tools, release, and a high ceiling.

Diligence, smoke, or a plan none of us see coming?

I have heard varying opinions on the guy, and come away with the impression he is as raw as an uncooked porterhouse, but has tools, release, and a high ceiling.
I can see them picking up another QB in the later rounds even if they do go QB in round 1.
But which QB right now on this team is on the chopping block? Most probably Ruddock.
I Still think Eason has a stronger arm than Herbert though; always have, always will.

Could be Miami is preparing for a let down at #5? With both Burrow and Tua, potentially being gone? Love, Fromm and Eason could all be fall back options?

I can see them picking up another QB in the later rounds even if they do go QB in round 1.
But which QB right now on this team is on the chopping block? Most probably Ruddock.
I Still think Eason has a stronger arm than Herbert though; always have, always will.
Thing is, Rudduck and Rosen would both have to go. IDK if Ruddock has PS eligibility left anyway, but I don't see him ever being an NFL starter.

No way Eason makes it thru the year on the practice squad, amd I doubt we roster 4 QBs.

I think they are just doing due diligence.
Remember, in two or three years any of these players could become available on the waiver wire. And who knows, due to injuries any given day/season, we may need to pick someone up.
You want to have spoken to as many draftees as possible so you have a feel for them, can check your notes, if/when they hit free agency or the waiver wire.

Hopefully they're just playing the game of not trying to tip their hat, because if Eason is the QB we leave the draft with then we better be prepared to trade our entire 2021 draft to move up.

Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love or the draft is a failure regardless of whatever else.

How much of a gap do you all see between say Herbert and the next group of quarterbacks? If Miami doesn't see much of a gap, then Love, Hurts, Eason and Fromm could be in play. Love potentially at #18, although he may not make it that far. Hurts in the late first/early second? Eason probably somewhere in R2. Fromm maybe in R3 or R4?

That #5 pick is an interesting spot. On the one hand, you want to try to get the best quarterback from this class. That is likely Burrow, who probably ends up in Cincinnati. If you can't make that move, do you look at other possibilities? Next are Tua and Herbert. But would you be better off getting a closer to "sure thing elite player" at #5 and quarterback later?

Could be Flores wants a defensive guy at #5, maybe Brown or Simmons. Although, I think Herbert or Tua are the most likely picks.

I enjoy those late round nuggets too. Hopefully we unearth a few gems

The question Mary’s do we have the personality to develop a player that’s in need of developing? Will chain galley be around for a couple years to tutor the guy and does he have the Pedegree to do so?

If we don’t get Burrow or Tua I don’t want a QB. At least not one we are banking on being a starter for the future. If we don’t get either we need to trade back from 5 and pick up another 1st next year so we have ammo to move up if needed for Lawrence. Although it could be like this year where the team with the first is in desperate need for a QB and won’t trade out if the top spot.

Back
Top Bottom