Miami Dolphins See Davon Godchaux As Dt Who Can Handle Double Teams

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Superself, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Superself

Superself If you want to, we can supply you. Finheaven VIP

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...t-who-can-handle-double-teams-sound-familiar/

Burke made that statement with Suh on the roster. Interesting.

2. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Godchaux is now listed at 315 so hopefully he added some power with the increase in weight.

3. urbanski

urbanski Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Pretty damn impressive to be named captain for a game as a rookie. I seriously doubt a coach just gives those out like candy.

4. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Currently the most overrated player on the roster.
    Not saying he can't be a star but all this praise is based on perception rather than what he has done.

5. Superself

Superself If you want to, we can supply you. Finheaven VIP

You are way off. Nobody is expecting him to be the next Suh. But can he improve on what he has already done? Sure he can.
    Look, this guy was a 5th round pick so calling him overrated is just ridiculous.

6. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

I like him as far as 5th round picks go, but he looked slow to me / will never get to the QB. Best we can hope is he’s good at holding his double teams but he’s not making super human plays like Suh did against Derek Carr last year. I don’t think Godchops will ever be a playmaker from that position but he can be solid. Someone needs to be disruptive from the inside and I don’t think it will be him. If he plays strong and someone else can be the wrecking crew I’m ok. Also, he needs to cut the **** w the offsides / neutral zone penalties.

Ray R likes this.
  7. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come A True Fan

Godchaux the great, is just absurd. Love my team, but the blatantly unrealistic posts that have been coming out all offseason have become nauseating. I used to check in every day, but this year the blind homerism is too much to take.

Ya know when you water something down too much you don't get more, you get something tasteless and worthless.

superphin and illscriptures like this.
  8. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

[​IMG]

9. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

There is zero doubt that Godchaux will be a first ballot Hall Of Famer!!! Is that what you guys mean by over rated? I couldn't agree more but I'll take the team player with a great work ethic. Maybe Godchaux can hold the doubles while Phillips wrecks some havoc. Taylor is also big and strong with some upside and Spence is a fine FA aquisition. William Hayes should slide over to DT in certain situations. There's no Wilfork or Suh or Aaron Donald type but hopefully, it's good enough. If these guys get into a nice rotation they can stay much stronger throughout games. If we don't let the Titans run on us on opening day I'll be very happy. That is a tall order because Derrick Henry is a 6'3 250 pound RB who averages about 4.6 yards per carry and their line is a good one with Lewan and Conklin. We'll have to see if Vrabel can coach! I hope not! A convincing opening day win would be perfect! 27-13 Miami.

illscriptures likes this.
  10. finomenal

finomenal FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

The average fan can't name the DTs for the last few Super Bowl winners. You know why? You don't need superstar DTs to win a Super Bowl. We need competence at the position. Anything else is gravy. It's the ol' Jay Fiedler plan: We don't need you to win the game for us, just don't lose the mudda sucka.

I don't care if Davon never becomes a pass rushing DT. If he can take on double teams and clog the lanes, that's good enough for me. Crucial late game drives where the opponent has to convert a 3rd & short is where his value will truly sign if he's able to be a rock in the middle.

11. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

Bingo. Do your job, consistently. Would it be nice to have an Aaron Donald/Cox at DT? Hell yea, but it's not a requirement to win. If Davon can turn out to be a solid/dependable starter I would call him a very good pick.

This year we have a healthy rotation at DT on paper anyways, so we don't need Godchaux to be the do it all play every snap DT at this time. If he shows to be good at taking up 2 OL every run down play him then and then throw in Hayes/Spence/whoever that may be better at rushing the passer on 3rd down.

Ray R and Travis34 like this.
  12. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

People act like every SB champ has two 'elite' DTs. They don't. Gase/Burke said last year about every D position "Do your job and get be where you're supposed to be/' I think that's the goal. That doesn't mean fans don't want top DTs (or any position), but solid and consistent can win a lot of games. No one knows how Godchaux et al will do, but I don't think interior DL will be as bad as some fear.

John Biello and Ray R like this.
  13. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

My only concern is they are overestimating the DT’s abilities on the roster, similar to how they have in the past about the OL.

Going to find out in A couple of months.

Ray R, superphin and illscriptures like this.
  14. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

I don't think so either. In fact, I think the DL will be quite a bit better even minus Suh. I'm talking about bottom line results. I believe we will be better because everybody will be exactly where they are supposed to be. In addition, we added a bunch of speed to the defense. Fitz, Mac and Baker will make us a different defense: faster, more sound and more disciplined. That has to equal better and I also see more turnovers from this group. A great deal depends on Burke, we'll find out if he is going to let us be an attacking defense with many sophisticated variations or a vanilla defense that's predictable. He has the horses to make it exciting, I hope he deploys his assets in an aggressive manner.

Ray R, GUH-sick-EE and Superself like this.
  15. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Could not conceivably disagree more. He might be the most UNDERRATED player.

kevphin, Superself and TannDaMan17 like this.