Miami Dolphins Should Steer Clear Of Qb Kyler Murray | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Should Steer Clear Of Qb Kyler Murray

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
kylerus.jpg

Kyler Murray’s athleticism is something that the Miami Dolphins need and his abilities outweigh his diminutive size. Still there are debates about whether or not he will make a great or even better than good NFL quarterback.

The problem with Murray however is not about his size, not entirely. It’s about his indecisive nature regarding his future in professional sports and today, he did nothing to enhance his chances of making himself a first round draft pick.

Murray appeared on the Dan Patrick show today and his appearance was shall we say, awkward at best. Patrick asked the incoming rookie who declared for the NFL Draft a day before the deadline, whether or not he would be competing at the NFL Combine. Murray didn’t answer. When pushed about a pro-day, Murray didn’t answer. When asked about MLB spring training with the A’s, Murray knew exactly when he was supposed to report.4

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/02/01/miami-dolphins-steer-clear-qb-kyler-murray/

i definitely dont like the way he answered the questions. he knows he is going to get those questions everywhere he goes.
that said if he is there at 13 there in no doubt i take him if i know he is going to play football. or i should say comes out and says he is committed to playing football.

i definitely dont like the way he answered the questions. he knows he is going to get those questions everywhere he goes.
that said if he is there at 13 there in no doubt i take him if i know he is going to play football. or i should say comes out and says he is committed to playing football.

And how do you know he’s 100% committed to football?
I’m not gambling the future cornerstone of my franchise on a guy who is not even sure he wants to play football.
If he has a disappointing rookie season and faces media criticism, will he bolt to MLB?
Too much risk IMHO. I wouldn’t even consider him in the 1st 3 rounds.

Just pass on Murray and all QB s in round one this year. I don't see much upside with Murray.

Just pass on Murray and all QB s in round one this year. I don't see much upside with Murray.
I wouldn't be mad if we passed on QB this season and brought Ostweiler back for two years.

One for tanking purposes and one for bridging purposes. Hopefully, we can trade him soon thereafter for something...anything.

Complete non-story. Unless I'm mistaken, his deadline to show up for the A's is before the Combine. He'll have to choose by then. If he chooses baseball, obviously he's not a consideration. If he chooses football, none of this will matter.

Complete non-story. Unless I'm mistaken, his deadline to show up for the A's is before the Combine. He'll have to choose by then. If he chooses baseball, obviously he's not a consideration. If he chooses football, none of this will matter.

One can only hope. However, as i stated above. Let’s say he chooses football and then struggles his rookie season and endures some harsh media criticism.
Is he willing to see it through and work harder or is he going to say “I dont need this” and bolt back to baseball.
Too much risk IMHO, at least with an early round pick.
He plays QB, not CB like Deion Sanders or RB like Bo Jackson. QB is unique and requires 100% commitment.

This may be a non-story but the interview process will matter at the combine and Murray doesn’t look or sound like a leader of an NFL franchise to me. That being said, I still would be okay if Murray were the pick at 13.

One can only hope. However, as i stated above. Let’s say he chooses football and then struggles his rookie season and endures some harsh media criticism.
Is he willing to see it through and work harder or is he going to say “I dont need this” and bolt back to baseball.
Too much risk IMHO, at least with an early round pick.
He plays QB, not CB like Deion Sanders or RB like Bo Jackson. QB is unique and requires 100% commitment.

Once he chooses one, the door on the other essentially closes. If he chooses football, his contract with the A's is void. If he chooses baseball, his opportunity at a big, first contract is void. It's not a realistic scenario.

People act like you can be as great as Kyler Murray without tremendous dedication. He is a GREAT player, and his dedication should not be in question.

That's why he is mocked all over the board. That is the question NFL teams need to figure out. But if he's serious about football, I absolutely love his talent.

Once he chooses one, the door on the other essentially closes. If he chooses football, his contract with the A's is void. If he chooses baseball, his opportunity at a big, first contract is void. It's not a realistic scenario.

So if he decides to walk away from football after 2 yrs because he is struggling or not living up to his hype, you don’t think any MLB team would be interested in him? Doesn’t have to be the As. At that point he would still be under 25 yrs old.
Even Michael Jordan got a shot and Murray is 10x the player Jordan ever was.
I think he’s the biggest gamble in the draft because unlike most players, he’s also an exceptional baseball player and has options he can pursue.
I’m not just referring to one year. If I’m drafting a QB at 13, I’m investing in a long term proposition.

So if he decides to walk away from football after 2 yrs because he is struggling or not living up to his hype, you don’t think any MLB team would be interested in him? Doesn’t have to be the As. At that point he would still be under 25 yrs old.
Even Michael Jordan got a shot and Murray is 10x the player Jordan ever was.
I think he’s the biggest gamble in the draft because unlike most players, he’s also an exceptional baseball player and has options he can pursue.
I’m not just referring to one year. If I’m drafting a QB at 13, I’m investing in a long term proposition.

Sure, they'd give him a shot but not a multi-million-dollar shot. You really think he'd sacrifice millions of dollars, because the media was giving him a hard time?

This is one reason I’m a little iffy about Murray. He sounds indecisive about which sport he wants to hitch his career on.

Sure, they'd give him a shot but not a multi-million-dollar shot. You really think he'd sacrifice millions of dollars, because the media was giving him a hard time?

They’d give him a shot and if he’s great, he’d get his multi millions.
If the media gives him a hard time it would be because he was struggling. Some guys can handle it and some guys can’t. You may recall a guy named Ryan Leaf. The difference is, Murray has baseball to fall back on and he’s damn good at it.
You obviously want to keep up this spitting contest.
Let me summarize my position succinctly. There are too many negatives for me to gamble away the 13th pick in the draft if I’m an NFL GM.
You obviously don’t agree with me. That’s fine.

Back
Top Bottom