Miami Dolphins Sober And Back To Reality After The Miami Miracle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Sober And Back To Reality After The Miami Miracle

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
32wzxyhsful3qy00skiy0zcibfe5amy

As everyone returns to Earth from the Miami Miracle orbit of the last 48 hours it becomes time to recognize practically nothing has changed. And that’s what the Dolphins are doing.

Coach Adam Gase turned his celly on vibrate Sunday night to stop reading congratulatory texts and instead concentrate on work that needed done in preparation for Sunday’s game at Minnesota.

“... Come Tuesday afternoon, it’s over with and you have to move on to the next,” defensive end Cameron Wake said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222942295.html

This is what worries me the most about the Vikings game. Coming off a huge emotional win is such a disadvantage. Someone posted a few days ago our record after beating the Pats and if I recall correctly, we've ever won the following game.

Yep, I’d love more good things to come this year, but if not, I’ll ride this mutha out til seasons end:up:

This is what worries me the most about the Vikings game. Coming off a huge emotional win is such a disadvantage. Someone posted a few days ago our record after beating the Pats and if I recall correctly, we've ever won the following game.

That's one scenario or rather way to look at it. Another is that it elevates this young team into believing they can do anything if they play together.

You do the glass-half-empty thing. I'll be on the other side.

Cheers!

In 2016 the home game was with Matt Moore for the last game of the season.
Last year it with Jay Cutler and we followed up with a loss to the Bills (16-24).

Tannehill and Gase have only played 1 home game vs the Pats and that was historic. Now....we'll see.

Someone posted a few days ago our record after beating the Pats and if I recall correctly, we've ever won the following game.

Dolphins have beaten the Brady led Pats 11 times

2 of the victories were in week 17 so no game followed as we weren't a playoff team either year.
4 of the victories were followed by a loss to Bills
1 of the victories was followed by a loss to Jets
The other 3 were all victories against AFC conference teams

So 3-5 after big win against Patriots. 0-5 against division rivals. Good thing we don't play Buffalo this week. LOL

2001 season: Week 4 Sun Oct 7 2001 at Mia Miami 30, New England 10
2001 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 14 2001 at NYJ NY Jets 21, Miami 17

2002 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 6 2002 at Mia Miami 26, New England 13
2002 season: Week 6 SnN Oct 13 2002 at Den Miami 24, Denver 22

2004 season: Week 15 Mon Dec 20 2004 at Mia Miami 29, New England 28
2004 season: Week 16 SnN Dec 26 2004 at Mia Miami 10, Cleveland 7

2005 season: Week 17 Sun Jan 1 2006 at NE Miami 28, New England 26

2006 season: Week 14 Sun Dec 10 2006 at Mia Miami 21, New England 0
2006 season: Week 15 Sun Dec 17 2006 at Buf Buffalo 21, Miami 0

2009 season: Week 13 Sun Dec 6 2009 at Mia Miami 22, New England 21
2009 season: Week 14 Sun Dec 13 2009 at Jac Miami 14, Jacksonville 10

2013 season: Week 15 Sun Dec 15 2013 at Mia Miami 24, New England 20
2013 season: Week 16 Sun Dec 22 2013 at Buf Buffalo 19, Miami 0

2014 season: Week 1 Sun Sep 7 2014 at Mia Miami 33, New England 20
2014 season: Week 2 Sun Sep 14 2014 at Buf Buffalo 29, Miami 10

2015 season: Week 17 Sun Jan 3 2016 at Mia Miami 20, New England 10

2017 season: Week 14 Mon Dec 11 2017 at Mia Miami 27, New England 20
2017 season: Week 15 Sun Dec 17 2017 at Buf Buffalo 24, Miami 16

2018 season: Week 14 Sun Dec 9 2018 at Mia Miami 34, New England 33
2018 season: Week 15 Sun Dec 16 2018 Mia at Min

That's one scenario or rather way to look at it. Another is that it elevates this young team into believing they can do anything if they play together.

Cheers!

I hope you're right! It's very common though for teams to have a down game following a big win, and that's across all of sports. It's so well-established that it affects the lines and is in part why the Vikings opened up as 9.5 point favorites. Awsi Dooger probably has more insight on this than I do, though.

It was our Super Bowl

Might of been that for you. How can it be for a team that has done it 5 out of 6 years. It’s not like we are the Bills or Jets that are lucky to beat them once every 4 to 5 years.

Might of been that for you. How can it be for a team that has done it 5 out of 6 years. It’s not like we are the Bills or Jets that are lucky to beat them once every 4 to 5 years.

I mean I think the celebrating was more the play than the team we beat. I think the reaction is the same if that was Oakland.

Cheers!
I like this. The pats game has given the team inspiration to not quit. Drake is empowered, Tannehill has to feel good about his performance, and Gore is on another level. This win also shows Minkah that he needs to step up, and hopefully during the week, he prepares himself better. Another week for Amendola to heal up.
I dunno guys, we matched score for score against NE. Minn. hs a dome, so no bad weather, but the noise will be a factor.

I mean I think the celebrating was more the play than the team we beat. I think the reaction is the same if that was Oakland.

It has all with who we beat. I see it all the time, this is our Super Bowl. Sorry if you do something 5 times in 6 years it’s not our super bowl.

Oh I enjoyed the game but have to face the fact that this was the big win for the year I'm glad you think otherwise. 40 + years has turned me into a realist

All of those games going back to 2000 don't really mean much considering all the different players and coaches and front office people that have come and gone since then.

I prefer to (selectively) think back to 2016 when we had a big W over Pittsburgh. We then went on to win another 5 straight with RT17 & Gase.

I hope you're right! It's very common though for teams to have a down game following a big win, and that's across all of sports. It's so well-established that it affects the lines and is in part why the Vikings opened up as 9.5 point favorites. Awsi Dooger probably has more insight on this than I do, though.
We seemed to do well with the spread against us last week.

Back
Top Bottom