Miami Dolphins: Stop worrying about the guards | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Stop worrying about the guards

The bottom line is though if you are talking about pass protection, there are a few facts that you can look at to evaluate the oline.

Film will tell you far more than statistics can try to explain. I've noted before we changed our pass protection sets from vertical to dish. That was the major difference for the improvement in pass protection along with the outside screen game, and run/pass balance to reduce the overall sack numbers.

actually just saw how bad he played last two years. Wow what a drop off. I remember lots on the board wanted him 2 years ago to shore up our line.

. The bottom line is though if you are talking about pass protection, there are a few facts that you can look at to evaluate the oline. Those facts are sacks allowed, qb pleasures, and qb hits. .

QB pleasures...Who's pleasuring Tannehill???

Could have traded down with ATL and gotten a 3rd+ and still drafted Lamp. 3 picks in rounds 2 & 3 to address defense. Could have Lamp + Asiata and then 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 CB in the 2nd and 3rd. That said, if the FO is super sold on Harris as a stud pass rusher, its always an important position to have elite talent at. Wake's abilities will, i presume, someday diminish (idk, he could be superman). Gotta sack Brady to ever win the AFC.

Tunsil
Asiata
Pouncey
Lamp
James

would have been a nice young line, and we would have had an extra 3rd and likely 5th.

If the team regresses this year, I think Grier will be on very thin ice. Seems like last year's draft was mostly Grier so the Harris and Carroo picks could be his undoing. To not even answer the phone when Atlanta called is tunnel vision.jpg

Dont care what the writter, or team for that matter say, im still worried about our oline. Do i see improvememts? Sure...but i honestly wished they would have brought in someone better than Larsen. Im not saying he will not work out, im sure Gase likes him.... but still, i would have prefered someone who has a better track record. And although i do like Asiata, im not sure if he will be ready to start at LG right away.

Back
Top Bottom