Miami Dolphins Te Mike Gesicki Hasn’t Yet Dominated. Here’s Why. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Te Mike Gesicki Hasn’t Yet Dominated. Here’s Why.

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Everybody blames the player when this happens and sometimes it is warranted. But I believe this coaching staff, especially Gase, gives up on players too quickly. It is only when they are forced to play a certain player that you will see them stick with him, i.e. McMillan. Gesicki had a few drops early on and he was really never given an opportunity after that. My God, the kid is a rookie. He is going to have growing pains. Very rare that anyone comes in and dominates from day one. I have no confidence in the coaching staff's assessment of any player they put on the field. I only have to reference Gase's undying loyalty to Tannehill and you can see why we have a bunch of overpaid morons in charge,

images

“I just want him to carry over what he’s doing in practice,” coach Adam Gase said. “We’re seeing a lot of good stuff on his releases, we’re seeing him make a lot of good plays in practice. He’s got to build on that, carry it over to the game, execute it the same way he does out here and just take it one week at a time, just keep getting better every week.”

“Sometimes we get the plays called for him and we just haven’t lately,” offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains said. “Sometimes it’s based on coverage, sometimes it’s based on the matchup. Is it we’re trying to get the ball to Kenyan (Drake) more or we’re trying to run the ball more, Wildcat package more? Mike is still a thought there and we need to do a better job of getting him the ball down there.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...d-last-week-and-hasnt-yet-dominated-heres-why

Gesicki is not helping himself. 2 back breaking plays last week in one game. The fumble, even a field goal there would have been huge. Earlier Tanny almost three an Int on a checkdown to Gore but Gesicki was the intended target and would have been wide open only he somehow tripped over Leonte Carroo coming out of his break. I just think the kid isn’t ready.

less snaps equals less footballs to go around.

well....get first downs....more first downs equals more snaps...that equals more footballs to go around

How about executing the plays you have practiced (supposedly) since preseason..... I know...here come the injury arguments.... It's crap...

Gesicki could be more involved if our team ran plays that keeps the other team guessing.... the plays seem so vanilla for the most part and we still can't execute them consistently... it seems easier to defend us because we lack aggressive play calls and execution.... bubble screens and shotgun draws don't seem to be working...how about some jet sweeps...double reverse...Philly special (Thill should know how to, at least, be a decoy on a pass .... hell even fake a reverse if you can't actually run one.... RPO's anyone????

I haven't seen anything that would suggest this staff will change their approach (even when behind) …. no chance Gesicki gets more involved without some creativity and aggressiveness ….and of course execution

He's a rookie TE. I didn't think he would dominate this year. But I thought he'd play a bit better, and still hope he gets better this year. But yet a bust. He's a young TE.

Clearly, Gesicki needs to do/be much better.
But honestly does anyone trust this coaching staff to develop anyone?
Especially rookies on the fundamentals of the game? Assignment? Playing smart?

McMillan? When were we forced to play him due to injury? Also I don't recall any drops from Geiseki early on

Clearly, Gesicki needs to do/be much better.
But honestly does anyone trust this coaching staff to develop anyone?
Especially rookies on the fundamentals of the game? Assignment? Playing smart?

NO.

I said in the summer that if this guy is going to be the guy its going to take him a year. the biggest thing he has going against him is he is such a long strider it kills his lateral movement ability which affects his route running and after the catch ability. they also do not use him to his strengths imo. sticks, outs, corners ect. it seems he is always running drags or goes. I like the kid he has a lot of upside, but man he has a lot to work on especially route running.

they don't use him right...he's a vertical player, not drags. He should never be running drags or be a check down, he's not a YAC type player. Seams, corners, outs, post routes... mid to long range routes where his long stride helps, not hurts him. Total coaching failure, like everything else gase does.

McMillan? When were we forced to play him due to injury? Also I don't recall any drops from Geiseki early on
We have have McMillan, Alonso, Hull, Anthony, Baker at LB and available. Chase Allen is on IR. We have seen Alonso, Hull, and Anthony play the position. They all sux. You be an idiot to move Baker in the middle. So who does that leave? When did I say anything about an injury?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom