Miami Dolphins training camp preview: Nik Needham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins training camp preview: Nik Needham

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Wondering what his role will be with a healthy Howard, and the addition of Igbo.

I see Nik only getting better. He is FloCo all the way. I wouldn't mind him stepping up this season to the max allowing us to move on from X's contract at the most beneficial time for the team.

We are a Howard injury away from it being a big question mark. He certainly didnt look good last year prior to the injury either.

That was before we added Byron Jones and the rookie
Not counting on a pro bowl Howard but if he can just stay healthy that's a solid group IMO

Needham was perhaps the very best unexpected pleasant surprise from 2019. He started off pretty mediocre but got better and better as the season progressed. Sometimes these unheralded undrafted guys just need an opportunity to show what they can do. I am optimistic that Needham can contribute this season.

I dont think we Needham anymore after acquiring so many CB's this offseason.
Maybe I'm completely wrong but perhaps you grossly underestimate his potential upside. At a minimum he represents good depth but Flores likes to play the amoeba defense with lots of CBs moving around. I think he can be a good contributor when Nik-needed. It's not like he's costing us a lot.
BTW - I think that I read where 2019 Defensive Backs Pass Coordinator, Josh Boyer made Needham his personal project last year and was active in recruiting him from UTEP. Yes, and Josh Boyer got promoted by Coach Flores to Defensive Coordinator for the Dolphins for the upcoming season.

Last edited:
Lol. I was just trying to make a pun. I think he is the 3rd or 4th best cb we have and should keep him. Definitely isnt worse Cordrea Tankersely.

He might be the best if he can stay healthy and focused which we wasn't either last season

Back
Top Bottom