Miami Dolphins training camp preview: Nik Needham | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins training camp preview: Nik Needham

This is a guy I expect at minimum to stay in the form He was at the end of last year. The defensive back coach who fully supported him and really brought him along is now the defensive coordinator, and what he excels at his press cover man and Miami brought in maybe one of the top two or three press cover man guys in Byron Jones for him To learn from.

I think one of the over looked parts of free agency was Miami brought in talented guys who excelled at the type of defensive system they wanted to run from each various position. Making those guys mentors for the wave of young guys that are already on the roster and simply had nobody to go to last year. Now that they do you’ll see a boost from a number of people.

You think he can be better than Howard and Jones?
If he can stay on the field a full season and up his game from last year. Howard can’t seem to stay healthy. I really do hope Howard can stay healthy though, he’s an interception machine.

Needham's story is fascinating. UDFA who worked himself into a viable starting caliber CB by seasons end. His preseason showing had many scratching their heads. But in a stunning turn of events, Needham worked his tail off to turn around his professional football career. He did that in the span of 12 weeks, once you take into account his rise from the ashes, after such a poor performance during the preseason games.

I hope he continues his rise to help form, what looks like a dream secondary on paper. If Needham improves, there's no telling how good this Miami Dolphins Secondary can be.

Needham was perhaps the very best unexpected pleasant surprise from 2019. He started off pretty mediocre but got better and better as the season progressed. Sometimes these unheralded undrafted guys just need an opportunity to show what they can do. I am optimistic that Needham can contribute this season.

My most encouraging "story" regarding the positive future of this franchise is the fact
Mister Flores personally targeted Needham and started com with him in R5 (i.e., 2018 draft).
So the kid goes UDFA and Flo has already committed an opportunity to this kid and
huge selling feature for any and ALL prospects in the future -- Flo keeps his word
and develops the kid (who we ALL saw as a raw prospect with a highly
???? NFL viability quotient). Brilliantly, Flo works this kid and after some
intense coaching I'm sure -- we have a bona fide (and yet proverbial) "diamond"
in the ruff! Serious big time good nudes for the future. IMO.

I see Nik only getting better. He is FloCo all the way. I wouldn't mind him stepping up this season to the max allowing us to move on from X's contract at the most beneficial time for the team.
I agree with this. There is a chance we move on from Howard at some point with all the money we have invested on that position. If Needham shows he can get the job done plus Iggy having being drafted in the first round, Howard could be on the block in the very near future.

Back
Top Bottom