Miami has a Josh Allen Problem | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami has a Josh Allen Problem

Teams that do well against Josh Allen play aggressive defense and feature a strong pass rush / LB play. Allen has killed us, not with the big play, but with the short to intermediate passing game and with his legs.

You need to bully the bully. I'm not one to intentionally hurt someone, but when he runs, he needs to pay for it. Commit to the hard tackle and treat him like a running back. Don't play dirty....but play hard and let him know he is going to get hit.

I have seen both him and Mahomes do that fake slide move and run right by guys not wanting to draw a penalty thinking he is going to slide. Can't allow that to happen

As someone else mentioned, LB's would help. Backs out of the backfield and the TE across the middle have really hurt us with Buffalo

What our D has done against him in the past isn't really the question. The question is what has Weaver done against him in the past. I mean after all he is the variable here, not the previous DC's.

I don't know the answer, I just know that our previous years aren't in question after a new hire.....HIS previous years are.

It’s crazy to me to see these “running” Qbs that look more comfortable running the ball instead of passing it.

Defenders simply don’t punish runners anymore.

Guys like our own avoid hitting the Qbs now and would prefer to push them out of bounds.

Yep, I see defenders pulling back instead of blasting the QB. It is ridiculous! Then the QB is out of the pocket and running, these defenders need to blast them! If someone were to hit Allen like Ray Lewis would have, Allen wouldn’t want to run anymore! I’m real tired of seeing Allen smiling after a run!

Just finished reading an article about the hiring of Weaver as the new DC.

It mentioned that Weaver needs a better answer against Josh Allen and Buffalo, which is something we've discussed here.

Allen is 11-1 against the Dolphins with 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions. Even though four of the last five games have been separated by one score, the Bills have given Miami problems. The division goes through Buffalo for now.

As a comparison, Allen is 6-5 versus New England with 18 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

The question becomes what can Weaver and Miami do differently against Allen and Buffalo?

IIRC, BUFF lost only once when scoring more than 25. Twice when scoring more than 20. There multiple teams that did that. Again, from memory, limit damage from his runs and, like LJ, don't give him 6 seconds in the pocket

That's probably the biggest difference between Baltimore's defense and Miami's.

The Dolphins defensive line is really good, but the team definitely could use another physical linebacker or two.
No one hits in the back seven. That's a problem. It has to change. Until we can beat Buffalo or even split with them, we're going no where.

Back
Top Bottom