Miami Heat's Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Heat's Draft

Ice is right, but if we trade Jones for Brandon(who's $10.31m be off the books next year).. it's not completely impossible. But if we sign Brad Miller(Sentinel mentioned), we'd definately be in a playoff shape.

Getting Michael Olowakandi would be more realistic though(price range). And signing Howard and keeping B.G. at he 5 would be another option.

But I'd like to trade Jones, maybe for Stromile Swift and sign Dre Miller.

possible line-ups could be:

1-Dwyane Wade
2-Eddie Jones
3-Caron Butler
4-Brian Grant
5-Brad Miller or Michael Olowakandi

1-Dwyane Wade
2-Eddie Jones
3-Caron Butler
4-Jawuan Howard or P.J. Brown
5-Brian Grant

1-Dre Miller or Kenny Anderson
2-Dwyane Wade
3-Caron Butler
4-Stromile Swift
5-Brian Grant

Of course other things can happen. Like a blockbuster trade, or a trade with Grant and a 2004 1st rounder for Sheed or something in the matter of Jones or Grant with a '04 1st rounder. Another possibilty would be trading Jones for the rights of RFA Jason Terry and getting Alan Henderson as a filler. A trade with Reef involved would be another.

In my dreams would they go after Crawford!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Heat will sign one good player in the offseason who will make a difference and help win some games and then sign some guys to have a better bench. I like Olowakandi...I had Kandi in a sim once and he did well for the Heat we won alot of games with him in. If the Heat don't make playoffs this year, I can promise you next year we will be.

Wade is an undersized misfit Guard who will make you come to wish you had chosen someone else. The only reason I was silent is because I couldn't find my damn post.

Wade is a solid player like I said. But at #5 he was not good value. You can't school anything, like I said the Pistons had the best draft. Don't be mad because the Heat will never be able to contend with them. He's the quintessential tweener, not big enough to play shooting Guard, not good enough ball skills to play the point. NBA Draft.net doesn't like the pick and they are the most informative I've seen for the draft. I do remember Tolbert saying what are they doing because he has nowhere to play. If they trade Jones maybe, but they are still placing too much emphasis on winning now because ole Riley knows he needs to.

Haven't seen you write anything to offset these facts. If you think Wade will be good for your team so be it, you're the one who has to watch them. If you'll read, you'll see I don't think he is a good fit for your team and especially not at #5

This is from draft.net

Weakness: Wade is dangerously close to being a combo guard. Too small to be a shooting guard not enough point guard skills to run a team offense ... While he shows range on his shot, his mid-range shooting remains streaky ... Must improve on moving without the ball he often needs the ball in his hands to create offense ... Wade's ball handling could stand to be improved if he is to play some point guard in the NBA ... Size. Many undersized guards have a hard time transitioning to the NBA game. Wade has the benefit of long arms which allow him to play big for his size ... Not much of a 3-point shooter although he does have the ability to make 3's. He often doesn't get his body fully squared to the basket ...

I did not say Wade didn't get the free throw line btw, I was saying what you needed from a frontcourt player. I seen Wade get abused byt the Missouri Tigers Ricky Paulding when he was guarding him in the tournament last year. I don't think he has the size to Guard the other teams big guards or the quickness to guard a point guard.

Perhaps I'm wrong, I've often liked players who have turned out to suck, but my feeling is they could have had better value and a player that fills some of their needs a little more. Candy is not what you want to fill your middle. Juwan Howard would be a good fit if you move Grant and Jones.

I am still falling asleep when I read your posts. NBADraft.Net is NOT better than ESPN, who loved the pick. The last 3 weeks, their mocks have been surprisingly terrible. They had us taking Hinrich? :lol:

I don't give a DAMN if we can't contend with the Pistons, this isn't about the damn Pistons and Rip Hamilton's no-D havin' _____.

This is about Wade. I LOVE when people call him undersized. 6'5/212 with the leaping abilty that he has, with that wingspan that he has.. oh boy.

I could care less if the Pistons had the best draft, hats off to the Pistons! This is about Wade, someone you obviously don't know about..

:sleep:

Good draft for the future for the Pistons, but not this year, and they are still by far the WORST #1 SEED of ALL-TIME. ( Even worse than that Heat team that lost to my #8 seed Knicks a few years back). That team is no match for elite teams as seen by their joke of a performance against the Nets, and that won't change this year as long as Kidd resigns.

You keep talking about how great a draft hte pistons got....if the heat were lucky on lottery night and landed in the top 3, would they of had a great draft??? They were lucky that the grizz would be stupid enough a few years back to give up Otis Thorpe for a first rounder, and the fate of the balls gave them the #2 pick.....its all luck in this draft for the pistons....dont get me wrong, they will be the team of the east and will be way ahead of the pack thanks to the additions of Darko and coach larry brown....but we werent even talking about them....

Hey PhinsTD, you know what I noticed??

You are bragging about how great the Pistons draft was and about how Wade wasn't a good value at #5.

Let me tell you something wonnabe Draft Analyst, Dwyane Wade was the best player left at 5, the most ready to play. I should brag on you because Darko wasn't thebest player at #2! What do you think, we will regret picking Wade over Kaman, Hinrich, or Ford? LMFAO!

You will regret Darko over Melo though, I promise!

I dont think Wade was the best left, but I think he was the best left that would fit the heat...Wade wasnt rated that high by many of the analysts....but i still think he was a good pickup....

If the Heat are approaching the playoffs next season (who knows with the Eastern Conference) and if Dwayne Wade lives up to expectations, look for Eddie Jones to be expendable aroudn the deadline....

You are slamming me but have shown no intelligent insight of your own to add to the convo. I think your team needed a PG, that would make TJ Ford or a trade down and picking up another PG as the best option for you. I thought we were talking about value, not how good a player Wade will or won't be. I think he does not fit your teams needs, you haven't exactly shown me wrong there at all. You've just ranted about how smart you are and all this, show me.

Melo is only a SF in the NBA, Darko can play all three frontcourt positions. He has size, something the team sorely needs. We have Prince who is not Melo, but very good at SF. The Pistons had the best draft because Darko will be a stud at a position we needed to fill. Wade can be a stud but that will cost Eddie Jones playing time and steals in the backcourt playing against guards, size advantages against SG and PG, and rebounding inside without having a true SF in.

If you play Wade at the point, you're taking away from your offense since he lacks the ball skills to run a team. (He rarely ever played PG for Marquette, Travis Diener did)

Keep with your opinion, fine and great. No need to be personal or try to slam on me, I just feel the Heat took the wrong player. Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps I'm not.

Yes, to whomever asked the Pistons had a great draft because yes they were lucky enough to get a #2 pick in the draft. The other picks they had though were very good as well. Delfino is a lottery talent and would have went there w/o an ankle injury in a workout with the Pistons. The Greek player they selected in the second round is young and athletic, the perfect second round pick. (BTW, the Heat had one of the best second round picks of all in Beasley who they can send to the NBADL league to grow and improve.)

Back
Top Bottom