Miami only had 2 missed tackles the whole game. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami only had 2 missed tackles the whole game.

What I found most impressive about Jones is that his tackle total came in just 34 Snaps (53% of totals defensive snaps)..

Jones was in on a tackle every 3.4 snaps!
Impressive for him individually, but I really prefer if guys are tackled by linemen/LBs on run plays.

flores' defense got styled on. awesome to see though that 6 yards beyond the LOS when we made first contact with the ball carrier we were able to get him down.

I don’t know if this is good or bad. So it means our guys weren’t touching ball carriers until they were through the LOS?

I don’t know if this is good or bad. So it means our guys weren’t touching ball carriers until they were through the LOS?
If I'm not mistaken, it's not a "missed tackle" , if the lineman is engaged with a blocker at the time of contact.

That's why you don't see a lot of missed tackles charged against interior D-line players.

Just means our guys were out of place. No where near to make an attempt at a tackle. Very mis-leading stat for this particular game.
I wouldn't say misleading.

It's just that it's more of a stat that points to the competence of individuals, rather than that of the team as a whole.

You gotta give credit to the plan. NE tied up the DL effectively to get to the second level. Watching NE grab shoulders and turn DL ( I know it happens all the time but NE takes everything to the edge and beyond) . The tackling stats are encouraging though.

Back
Top Bottom