Miami picks #1. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami picks #1. WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Bryant McKinnie...If he has half the career that Richmond Webb did...That would help Fiedler get to a pro bowl. :D

Your right, Carr won't be the superstar Vick will be. Carr will be better than Vick!

Originally posted by phins054
Bryant McKinnie...If he has half the career that Richmond Webb did...That would help Fiedler get to a pro bowl. :D

No OT helps a QB get into the pro bowl.

If a QB has confidence that his blind side is protected, his timing and decision making will be MUCH closer to perfection...........No?

I only picked Roy Williams because when you factor out teams needs and just go with the best player that is obviously Roy Williams. Plus I looked at it this way. If we had the #1 pick then we don't resign Brock Marion and we take Roy Williams to replace him with Freeman at the other safety spot. We then use that money we signed Brock with and sign one of the initial wave of DE's who signed early on to replace Bromell with. Then with that 2nd rounder we picked up we take an OL.

Julius Peppers

Imagine how great our pass D would be. Sam/Pat/Jamar at CB, Freeman/Marion at S, and JT/Peppers at DE.

Peppers is the best player in the draft, but at this point we could really use a dominant OT. I wish we had the number 1 pick.

If a QB has confidence that his blind side is protected, his timing and decision making will be MUCH closer to perfection...........No?

Thanks for wrapping that one up for me Capt. Though I was pretty sure that would need no explanation. :D

Originally posted by phins054

Thanks for wrapping that one up for me Capt. Though I was pretty sure that would need no explanation. :D

Well hell 54..........he knows that..........musta slipped his mind tho. :)

I like your thinking Van. Certainly would be an imposing D. Freeman would be at home at his true FS spot. And Williams at his SS spot. Then Bates would have ABSOLUTELY ZERO EXUSE NOT TO BRING THE SAFETY UP!!

Originally posted by TedDanson
Your right, Carr won't be the superstar Vick will be. Carr will be better than Vick!

Carr is more mature than Vick, yes. But Jeezus, has there ever been a more talented QB in the NFL than Mike Vick?? Vick is stronger, faster, has a stronger, more accurate arm, better mechanics (still improving), and 4.25 footspeed. He's a freak of nature.

Did you see the Houdini he pulled on Lorenzo Bromell on 4th and 15?? No way Carr picks that up. And Vick got 25 yards outta that one!! Or how about the one where he scrambled and unleashed a 60 yard laser shot to Jefferson at the 1?? Vick threw that one with both feet off the ground while in stride. No way Carr makes that throw. I watch that tape every week. And it still amazes me. David Carr isn't going to amaze me.

Vick is gonna be unbelievable. Hell, he was unbelievable that day!! Just wait till he gets a few years under his belt. Right now, I'm very tempted to buy tickets to the Bucs game when they play the Falcons here in Tampa just to see Vick. The Phins are playing Monday night that week. So it's a done deal.

I'm going to say that I would likely trade down to the #8 spot and take Roy Williams who is just an incredible playmaker and can change a game with his play. The deal would be for their 1st and 2nd this year, Derrick Alexander (if he could be signed to a more cap friendly contract) and a 3rd next year. With their #2 pick I'd look at taking the best available runstopping DE.

If I couldn't trade out of the #1 spot I would stick with Peppers; the guy is amazing and will be a Bruce Smith type presence on the field.

The only reason Carr is more mature than Vick is because the dumbass has a kid and is already married, so he doesn't have a choice than to be more mature than his peers. Who cares about either player.........they don't play for the Fins, and won't anytime soon!!

Back
Top Bottom