Miami resigns Scott Gaylon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami resigns Scott Gaylon

Troy was a frequent visitor of Fin Heaven, and very gracious to AJ when he went to the Phins dinner.

Troy I hope you catch on really fast with another team.

God Bless

I can't believe we brought this bum back, and cut a nice developmental player like Andrew.

So much for the talk of Andrew, Vincent, and Cesario being biulding blocks for the future OL!

[intro]The Miami Dolphins have re-signed linebacker Scott Galyon and waived center/guard Troy Andrew today.

Miami had released the 28-year old Galyon, a seven-year NFL veteran, on September 2. He missed each of the team’s final three preseason games this year with a fractured right thumb. Andrew, 24, was inactive for the Dolphins’ season-opener on Sunday against the Lions.

In Other News...
D. Bowens Close to Returning
Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said DE David Bowens (hand) should be able to resume practicing with the team this week.

McGarrahan Should Return
Miami Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt said S Scott McGarrahan (groin) should be able to return to action this week. He injured his groin late last week.

Madison Injury Update
CB Sam Madison (ankle) underwent an MRI, which revealed just a bruise to his ankle. He was feeling pretty good on Sunday night and is expected to be ready to return to action this week. [/intro]

Simply for the news page...

Lloyd Harrison

They must like what they see in Harrison, for them to decide to release Andrew instead.

It would have made more sense for them to cut Harrison, then Andrew if Harrison sucked, since they cut galyon to pick him up.

Maybe we found a quality corner. Remember Norv saw Harrison in practice all last year.

This is kind of odd. But I would imagine its kind of a thing where Troy probably won't catch on with another team at this point, and should we need him down the stretch he'll be available to us to sign (like Leon Searcy after week 10). Galyon's healthy and he's our best backup OLB. He needed to come back.

Can't see why they didn't cut Lloyd Harrison though. Maybe they are thinking of adding Tom Knight in Harrison's place? He was just released by New England after weeks of speculation and denial.

Troy Andrew visited here?? Did he post a lot??

He mainly stuck to the front page, but you never know if he was/is on the forums. ;)

So he read my articles? I'm so honored, lol. I actually liked Andrew a lot, and thought he would become a very good lineman, but I guess the Dolphins thought otherwise. Good luck Troy.

Maybe they're hoping that by releasing him after week 1 teams won't be expected to pick up a backup undrafted 2 year O-lineman. They had Joe Sa'alvea in for a workout. I like this guy. They could pop Romero on the PS to pick this guy up.

No it doesn't...it seems like a very good player coming for a workout and improving the dpth of the team.

I like Joe, he is tough and would upgrade the interior of our team.

He was a work horse for the titians and would give us some good depth..He's defintely a good run stuffer..something we need depth at.

Back
Top Bottom