Miami should have inside information on Wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami should have inside information on Wright

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
24
Age
58
The Dolphins should have inside information on the dt in the supplemental draft. Miami's assistant offensive line coach was the ol coach at USC. I am betting that he has already assessed Wright and given his input to Saban. If not, then Miami probably is not interested in any form. My guess is that if Saban doesn't look at this guy he got a less than glowing indorsement from his assistant ol coach.

With that said, I would like the Dolphins to pursue the Clemson wr as a free agent signee. I forget his name, but he would be a worthy risk with potential payoff given his size and speed and history of performance. I don't believe the guy will be drafted.

Lee2000
 

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
9,041
Reaction score
6
Location
S.Jersey
Unless a player of Leinart (spelling) caliber is in the sup draft, I don't think we will be a part of it. Saban loves his draft picks and won't be giving up any picks anytime soon. I think if he plans on trading Ricky then there could be a chance we make a move in the sup draft.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Rochester, NY
feelthepain said:
Unless a player of Leinart (spelling) caliber is in the sup draft, I don't think we will be a part of it. Saban loves his draft picks and won't be giving up any picks anytime soon. I think if he plans on trading Ricky then there could be a chance we make a move in the sup draft.

Well, Saban loves his draft picks, but I think he loves them because they bring in young, talented players, which is what the supplemental draft is for. I don't think he'd have a problem using a pick on a supplemental player if it was worth it.

I'm not convinced Wright is, though. Word is (and I've never watched him play, so I'm going on what I've read) that he takes WAY too many plays off.
 

clownfish

Club Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
2,297
Reaction score
1,024
Location
Tahoe Vista, CA
feelthepain said:
Unless a player of Leinart (spelling) caliber is in the sup draft, I don't think we will be a part of it. Saban loves his draft picks and won't be giving up any picks anytime soon. I think if he plans on trading Ricky then there could be a chance we make a move in the sup draft.

Dude (and I do start most of my posts with that sentiment), if Wright is worth a pick, use the pick. Saban would not be wasting the pick in this case on a trade. He'd be DRAFTING someone. I think that falls under the category of using a DRAFT PICK appropriately. Problem is I don't have any clue about Wright's value or any specifics about him. All I know is USC has had a great defense the last 2 years.

So, does anyone out there have scouting report on this fool?!?!?!?!?!?:evil:


EDIT: Whoops, sounds like you beat me to it, phinwin.:cooldude:
 

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
24
Age
58
You would be drafting Wright more on potential

You would be drafting Wright more on potential, but remember that Saban has a coach on his staff that watched this guy practice for at least two years. If Miami makes no effort to draft him that would speak volumes.

Lee2000
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,065
Reaction score
68
The Clemson WR is Roscoe Crosby.
 

tartan y fronts

Starter
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
edinburgh, scotland
why do people assume that saban won't "waste his draft picks" this way?

this is not a trade for an overpriced veteran, he's still using the pick to draft someone! its just earlier and more of a developmental pick.
 

NLude33

Section 415, Row 17
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
1,810
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Ft Lauderdale, FL
I think we put in a bid knowing that our DT situation isn't that great. Put in a 5th round bid. If we get him great, we got 2nd round talent for a 5th round pick. If we don't, we move on.
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,303
Reaction score
5
Age
54
Location
your six
NLude33 said:
I think we put in a bid knowing that our DT situation isn't that great. Put in a 5th round bid. If we get him great, we got 2nd round talent for a 5th round pick. If we don't, we move on.
Hmmm....that's interesting.

Can a player opt out and become a FA, if they don't like where they get chosen?



If a player doesn't get chosen, do they become a UDFA or do they go into the next regular draft?
 

cad

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Saban is God ;) Even he has yet to coach an NFL Game
 

ac_lanham

The Comeback Kid
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
25
Age
36
Location
Moncks Corner, SC
KB21 said:
The Clemson WR is Roscoe Crosby.

Roscoe was the man coming from Union High not too long ago. He seemed to have awesome speed from what I can remember. He went to Clemson and got hurt then he focused on baseball then he like up and left the team. Has he finally gotten his heart back into football?
 

bright-light

Starter
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
Location
Scotland, UK
Lee2000 said:
The Dolphins should have inside information on the dt in the supplemental draft. Miami's assistant offensive line coach was the ol coach at USC. I am betting that he has already assessed Wright and given his input to Saban. If not, then Miami probably is not interested in any form. My guess is that if Saban doesn't look at this guy he got a less than glowing indorsement from his assistant ol coach.

With that said, I would like the Dolphins to pursue the Clemson wr as a free agent signee. I forget his name, but he would be a worthy risk with potential payoff given his size and speed and history of performance. I don't believe the guy will be drafted.

Lee2000
When is the supplemental draft?
 

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
24
Age
58
July 11th according to football websites

I believe July 11th

Lee2000
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,065
Reaction score
68
Crosby may be like Henson. He has failed at the sport he really likes, so he's seeing if he can succeed in the other sport.
 

NLude33

Section 415, Row 17
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
1,810
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Ft Lauderdale, FL
inFINSible said:
Hmmm....that's interesting.

Can a player opt out and become a FA, if they don't like where they get chosen?



If a player doesn't get chosen, do they become a UDFA or do they go into the next regular draft?

No, a player cannot opt out if they are chosen. It is just like the real draft, as they will have until October or something to sign, and then if not signed, he could enter the main draft next April. But of course his NCAA eligibility would be voided.

Yes, if a player declares for the supp. draft and are not chosen, they become and UDFA. The only reason he is not an UDFA now is because he didn't declare for the main draft in April.
 
Top Bottom