Miami / Tampa Bay Conspiracy? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami / Tampa Bay Conspiracy?

Miamibyrd_24 said:
I dont think that they got together on this. TB just used the copy-cat method, to throw up a smoke screen. The fins have a smoke screen up also, the number one choice is to trade down to gain more options in the later round and at the same time maintain a good 1st round pick, that would benefit the needs of the run game. It's kinda silly, there's no reason the phins would have brought in the QB when they did, if they were going to draft a QB that high up in the draft. NOT at all. And to bring in a QB that knows the system from Minn, already, that lets you know right there that we won't draft a QB that high up. THINK ABOUT IT!!!

So basically you're saying that because we have the mighty Gus Frerrote now, that we're guaranteed not to draft a QB at 2? lol, ok there bro.

BlueFin said:
Nah, Rodgers better fits the West Coast offense, they switched to Smith because they noticed there was more interest from other teams in Smith and it presented more trade down opportunities for them.

They also will show an interest in picking Edwards as the week goes on to ultimately make the deal with Minnesota.

That's really possible and another good way to see it...but I'm going to get a headache if I keep trying to figure out these conspiracy possibilities. heh. This has been a wild draft year.

BlueFin said:
I don't think there is a conspiracy at all..........I think the Niners realized after getting a call from Minnesota that they might have an opportunity to get both of Minnesota's picks for the number one, which still might allow them to get Aaron Rodgers at #7.

I also think to play off of that they are smokescreening Alex Smith so as to possibly have competition for their number #1 pick from possibly Tampa and maybe even Miami(who knows what Saban is really thinking?)

In the end I think they will trade with Minnesota and the Vikes will take Edwards.

Very true. I think we are doing the exact same thing. Smokescreening Smith for TB and smokescreening Edwards for Minny. If SF takes Smith, we still have a potential trade down partner in Minny. If SF trades and Edwards is selected, we still have a potential trade down partner in TB. Saban is really covering all of his bases here. If we stay at number two, then our selection we be based on who Saban sees as the BPA. Who that turns out to be is anybody's guess.

The 49ers have liked Alex Smith for a long time (do a search on this board for a thread I started indicating this), but you are right in that this could be a smokescreen.

Why would Saban get in bed with Gruden rather than play TB off of Minny to get the best possible trade for Miami?

Back
Top Bottom