Miami Tried To Trade For Matt Stafford Last Year. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Tried To Trade For Matt Stafford Last Year.

He pretty much already ran Gases offense under jim bob cooter. And he regressed under cooter

and we were just one average QB away from going to the Superbowl, what a shame!!!

Glad we didn't. The goal should be to win the Super Bowl, not win 9 games. Glad we are in full rebuild mode, finally.

News out of Davie are hopeless. This team has no hope with the guys running the team.
Matt Stafford, a QB who has not done sht in his 10+ career. That's what the Dolphins want. Could've just gave Tanehill a 10 year extension to torture us and the team.

News out of Davie are hopeless. This team has no hope with the guys running the team.
Matt Stafford, a QB who has not done sht in his 10+ career. That's what the Dolphins want. Could've just gave Tanehill a 10 year extension to torture us and the team.

The report that I've seen states that the potential trade was last season under Gase

Whaooo!!! Reports Amando
Miami Tried To Trade For Matt Stafford Last Year.

Something tells me there are going to be a lot of starting QB's Traded / Cut next year.

Marriota is due $20 million. He's a gonner.

This is more the reason we need to take a stab at a QB if possible in 2019 and 2020.

Glad this never came to fruition. He was running for his life in Detroit he would’ve been completely destroyed if he came here, would’ve cost a pretty penny, and would’ve been a burden on this team for another good 5 or so years. Looking back at it, this looks exactly like the type of deal Tannenbaum would’ve signed off on. Glad that bums gone.

If this is true, Detroit are idiots for not moving on from Stafford.

Let's see our record would have been...6-10

Hard to believe that the FO was even considering this move. This is why Grier being the GM really scares me. He's been here for a lot of bad years. Yes we don't know how much it was him or how much it was Gase or tbaum but he was at least a part of many bad years/decisions. I'm really just hoping that Flores is as smart as they come and that he has a lot of say as to who we bring in here from now on.

Not believing that story. If you are so down on your starting QB that you consider a blockbuster trade for a marginal better QB why would you give that QB you are "down" on a restructure bonus knowing that it will affect your dead cap for the next couple years?

That looks like a story coming from the Gase or Tannenbaum camp trying to whitewash their resume by saying: "we really tried. Believe us. Honestly, we really, really, really, really tried very very very hard."

The hilarious part is that with this "attempt" of replacing Tannehill and having lost confidence in him they not only gave Tannehill another 16 Mill guaranteed but the best they could come up with at backup was Osweiler. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom