Miami Udfa Signed Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Udfa Signed Thread

Has anyone followed Terrill Hanks career at all who could share some insight on him? From the info that is available on the net on him he was extremely productive in college, and likely dropped out of the draft due to an extremely poor performance at the Combine (4.98 40). He also reportedly battled the injury bug much of his senior season, and was still dealing with it at the combine. He supposedly runs much better than that when healthy.

Has anyone followed Terrill Hanks career at all who could share some insight on him? From the info that is available on the net on him he was extremely productive in college, and likely dropped out of the draft due to an extremely poor performance at the Combine (4.98 40). He also reportedly battled the injury bug much of his senior season, and was still dealing with it at the combine. He supposedly runs much better than that when healthy.
I can tell you this about the combine. He had a hammy and that's why his 40 time was not good. If you watch the tape he plays fast and makes plays all over the field. I don't know if it'll work out but we didn't spend a pick on him so if he makes the team and contributes then great find.

I can tell you this about the combine. He had a hammy and that's why his 40 time was not good. If you watch the tape he plays fast and makes plays all over the field. I don't know if it'll work out but we didn't spend a pick on him so if he makes the team and contributes then great find.

I knew the nearly 5 second 40 just didn't make sense. He's a converted safety. I don't care if it was just New Mexico State, a player coming in at safety at an FBS school just isn't that slow. Thanks for the 411

One question about a
Big receiver is can he get off a line/press situation, unlike #88

LIST OF UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS SIGNED BY THE MIAMI DOLPHINS
WR - Preston Williams - Colorado State
WR - Trenton Irwin - Stanford
TE - Chris Myarick - Temple
C - Ryan Anderson - Wake Forest
G - Shaq Calhoun - Mississippi State
T - Aaron Monteiro - Boston College
DE - Jonathan Ledbetter - Georgia
DE - Dwayne Hendrix - Pittsburgh
LB - Tre Watson - Maryland
LB - Terrill Hanks - New Mexico State
CB - Nik Needham - UTEP
CB - Montre Hartage - Northwestern
CB - Tyler Horton - Boise State
S - Rob Rolle - Villanova
LS - Wes Farnsworth - Nevada

Assuming that we sign all 6 of our draft choices, and don't cut anyone, we have room for 17 UDFAs.

Heights and weights of undrafted players we signed:

WIlliams - 6'4" - 211
Irwin - 6'1" - 205
Myarick - 6'4" - 251
Anderson - 6'5" - 305
Calhoun - 6'3" - 310
Monteiro - 6'6" - 315
Ledbetter - 6'4" - 280
Hendrix - 6'4" - 265
Watson - 6'2" - 241
Hanks - 6'2" - 242
Needham - 5'11" - 194
Hartage - 5'11" - 190
Horton - 6'0" - 190
Rolle - 6'1" - 195
Farnsworth - 6'1" - 232

I'll say this about Preston Williams. We do NOT have another WR with that kind of size and skill at the position. Can he stay out of trouble and focus on football? Time will tell and I'm hoping that Flores and the rest of the staff can keep him in check but that is a rare talent. Wilson and Grant are all about speed and quickness which is good but they're both small. Stills is taller but again, more about speed with him. Parker of course is a bigger WR but has never been able to stay healthy or been consistent. Also, he doesn't seem to win those 50/50 balls up in the air.

Williams seems to have all the talent and he did have 96 catches for almost 1400 yards and 14 TD's last year. THIS guy could be the steal of 2019 IF we can keep him in line.

Watched his reel on YouTube. Kid has some real skills. Would love him to show his issues are behind him as a person and his physicality as a receiver would be welcome also.

The thing I really like about Hanks and Weston is they make plays, they have ball skills, they get takeaways. I watch their film and I think at worst these are guys who should be great special teamers. But LBs who can defend the pass and get takeaways? Yes, please.

Back
Top Bottom