Miami Udfa Signed Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Udfa Signed Thread

Manny Fernandez was UDFA.

Jim Langer was UDFA.

Neither Cam Wake or Jay Fiedler were drafted.

Neither was Wes Welker.

And back when Langer and Fernandez signed, there were a TON of players drafted in front of the UDFAs. Nearly twice as many, with 442 drafted plyers (17 rounds, 26 teams) vs the 270 or so now (7 rounds for 32 teams plus comp picks).

Joe Jacobi was not drafted either and there were 12 rounds. He became an all pro OT for the skins
Oh, they're all over the league.

I was just tossing out a few we signed as UDFA, or got from other teams after going undrafted.

Oh, they're all over the league.

I was just tossing out a few we signed as UDFA, or got from other teams after going undrafted.
yeah what people need to understand is that back in the 80's there were 12 rounds so many of these UDFA's could have been drafted now if we had 12 rounds instead of only 7. Lets be fair and say with the comp picks that teams didn't get back in the 80's plus there are 32 teams now instead of 28 so it's like having 8 rounds. But that still leaves over 120 players that could be drafted if we had 12 rounds.

yeah what people need to understand is that back in the 80's there were 12 rounds so many of these UDFA's could have been drafted now if we had 12 rounds instead of only 7. Lets be fair and say with the comp picks that teams didn't get back in the 80's plus there are 32 teams now instead of 28 so it's like having 8 rounds. But that still leaves over 120 players that could be drafted if we had 12 rounds.
yup.

Mark Clayton was an 8th round pick.

JB Brown was a 12th.

We got Terrill hanks? I’m happy about that. Somehow that guy ran 4.9 at the combine. Played much faster senior bowl week

Back
Top Bottom