Miami's 2001 first draft pick.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's 2001 first draft pick..

What about Eddie Moore instead of Boldin? Wannstedt was stubborn and usually missed the side of the barn by 10 yards. Even Rick wanted Boldin. Imagine how much more explosive our offense could have been.

Imagine If miami was to draft Chad Johnson, we would have Chambers, Johnson and McMicheal omg. We prolly wouldn't have traded for Booker so :-\.

Actually the target was supposed to be Chambers all along in the 2nd. We liked him almost as much as Santana Moss who the Jets traded with Pittsburgh to get. The guy we were hoping to fall to us on draft day was Deuce McAllister who was selected very randomly by the Saints at the time.

Nobody was expecting that one.

Great example Lion. Green Bay dives on Tony M. and passes on at least three Hall Of Fame players. Wow!! By looking at players like Brady, T. Davis and Jason and Zach it proves that gems can be had in the later rounds. Saban in in position to have very deep knowledge of some diamonds in the ruff. I sure hope we come out of the gate strong and have a great draft. This team really needs it.

ill never understand it...we took two cb's a few years earlier and developed them into the games best...and we get a first rounder with supposed better cover skills then both of them...and the guy turns into a dud...ill never understand it...

LarryFinFan said:
There is an arguement for each...
Bennett has been in and out of the lineup since he was drafted. Heap has been fairly successful, but not elite. Wayne has the distinct advantage of being in a WRs offense, although I'd like to have him complimenting Chambers, for sure. Johnson..ok not bad. Bell, just really hit it this year, and is more of situational players. Light is solid. Jordan would have been on the bench behind RW, although we could have used him last year (but he probably would have been injured like everyone else we put in the backfield, including QBs)...Fletcher wasn't a bad pick, just not a good fit for our defense..he did ok with SD last year...it's all relative to what you need at the time...

for the guys we passed on I'll agree with everything but what you said about Heap. When healthy, the only guy better than Heap is Gonzo.

Anyways, no matter how good Fletcher would have been, it was still a pointless pick. Fletcher was drafted for no reason other than to be a nickleback. You do not draft a nickleback in round 1. If you are going to develop him into an eventual starter yes, but Fletcher was drafted to be the nickleback.

Basically the same reason everybody was upset about drafting Eddie Moore. in 01 we could have drafted Bell, but Wanny said he wouldn't draft an OLB because they would only see the field on first and 2nd down. Then he goes on to draft Moore in the 2nd in 03 (When Moore was a 2nd day prospect).

I understand in 01 Wanny went for the BPA in theory, but you've also have got to look at needs. When we drafted Fletcher we had alot of money invested into 3 CBs.

Back
Top Bottom