Miami’s current cap space 3/30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami’s current cap space 3/30

Interesting, Heard

NFLPA says we got 24.6m (close enough)

Got to sign say 14 draft picks 16m ( but realistically more in the 10 area so less than 16m)

Take off another 2m for the practice squad and we are at about

at 7m ...

Again about 80m cap for 2021 (due to front loading some contracts this year)

Interesting, Heard

Got to sign say 14 draft picks 16m ( but realistically more in the 10 area so less than 16m)

at 7m ...

Again about 80m cap for 2021
I saw a number of $17.5 for our draft picks to get signed. Then we will need the rest to sign players due to injury during the season.

I saw a number of $17.5 for our draft picks to get signed. Then we will need the rest to sign players due to injury during the season.

That might be or might not be correct but bottom line is I think we are not signing 14 draft picks in which the cap can increase that difference and nobody has that number yet. Find out after the draft.

Interesting, Heard

at 7m ...

Again about 80m cap for 2021 (due to front loading some contracts this year)
Hey your number estimates the other day were pretty dang close!

But sounds like we are in good shape for next year too?

Have enough for the draft picks and maybe a little reserve through the year, i expect us to not have all those 14 picks

That might be or might not be correct but bottom line is I think we are not signing 14 draft picks in which the cap can increase that difference and nobody has that number yet. Find out after the draft.

$18,096,615.00

What will give Miami an unique advantage in the next few years is that we don’t really have players we need to extend on lucrative contracts. As the max salary cap continues to increase we will have a lot of flexibility. In 2-3 years we could get back to over a $100M in cap space if we wanted to.

That number seems high but after the draft that number will shrink so Wilson could be in the bubble to be cut because of the 9.5mill savings.

That number seems high but after the draft that number will shrink so Wilson could be in the bubble to be cut because of the 9.5mill savings.

$17,913,284

Miami has done a pretty great job with there signings. I honestly believe wilson will be cut after the draft. It's to deep of a class for Miami to pay wilson over 9 million to be a slot receiver while were rebuilding. Of the 14 picks, I think miami uses 9 on drafting. 5 on stacking future picks.

Back
Top Bottom