Miami’s current cap space 3/30 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami’s current cap space 3/30

How much can Cam or Clowney be asking that no one is really considering them, price has to drop? I 100% get the injury thing and can't check, yep TUA insert here! I continued typing, but canceled and shoud have posted and will get you guys fill in the blank, but still will lol. IMO you get Clowney and you draft Simmons and hold out until next year and go all for QB (we are semi loaded there too next year and primed for our future) with Fitz holding us and Rosen gets a 2nd chance again because he will be here this year (would't that be a win). You get Cam, you get Tua to teach him who you can sit. Fitz can allow Tua to sit too, but then you don't get Simmons. We could pull off a heist to give another year of rebuild on offense and defense by getting Clowney and Simmons added to our defense and another year of free agency for offensive talent before an all in on QB. Think about it. Or I am horribly wrong because I have no idea their asking price. I trust in our organization finally. They dismantled the team, crushed the organization, and tank. Then we 'win', FA talk to each other, set up incredible contracts with FA that would allow this, and we are ready to explode. Maybe not this year, but next it's straight on.

So teams at the bottom like the Chiefs and Pats, they going to need to cut some people in order to sign rookies?

So teams at the bottom like the Chiefs and Pats, they going to need to cut some people in order to sign rookies?
Probably, but not until the end of TC.

They also have the option of restructures.

Our cap should go up once we are down to 53 man roster, right? If we've got 80+ on roster, 30+ will be cut once we sign draft picks, I hope their salary isn't guaranteed..... Like us signing Dwayne Allen last off-season, we signed him for something like 2 yr, 8 mil total, but he didn't even make the roster

Our cap should go up once we are down to 53 man roster, right? If we've got 80+ on roster, 30+ will be cut once we sign draft picks, I hope their salary isn't guaranteed..... Like us signing Dwayne Allen last off-season, we signed him for something like 2 yr, 8 mil total, but he didn't even make the roster

I think our cap number only includes our top paid 53 players

Personally I hate seeing the number that low.I am not surprised though.Miami has never been good at managing cap since the Cap era started.
I would feel better if Miami sitting in the mid 30's atm without Wilson being a cut.

Personally I hate seeing the number that low.I am not surprised though.Miami has never been good at managing cap since the Cap era started.
I would feel better if Miami sitting in the mid 30's atm without Wilson being a cut.
I think you have to look deeper than just the number.

How are the contracts structured?

Our biggest stupidity in the past has been back loading deals with huge dead money ramifications, making it almost impossible to move on from a player that is overpaid. Not to single out anyone in particular, but RJ. RT, and BM are all examples of being in a situation where walking away saved nothing. That's no way to run a railroad.

We have, for the most part, gotten away from that, making it possible to create space at will, if necessary.

Had we not spent, there would be ppl bitching. We spend? Ppl bitching about how it was spent.

I think you have to look deeper than just the number.

How are the contracts structured?

Our biggest stupidity in the past has been back loading deals with huge dead money ramifications, making it almost impossible to move on from a player that is overpaid. Not to single out anyone in particular, but RJ. RT, and BM are all examples of being in a situation where walking away saved nothing. That's no way to run a railroad.

We have, for the most part, gotten away from that, making it possible to create space at will, if necessary.

Had we not spent, there would be ppl bitching. We spend? Ppl bitching about how it was spent.
Plus brother I believe there is a certain threshold we need to spend with the new CBA.

Wow how is cincys cap number so high?? No wonder people are saying burrow might not want to play for them. Being bad AND having a fairly large payroll is not where you want to be ever. They better have dumped some contracts and be on dead money at this point.

A lot of dead money coming off the books in 2021.

Dolphins could also cut Charles Harris early this summer or fall.

Rosen could be traded. Bobby McCain could be released next off season.

The Dolphins are set up to be big time players in free agency again next March in 2021.

Yes our draft class will cost 18,000,000 but remember that 750,000 per player comes off as for every player we sign that makes the top 51 than 750,000 comes back to us as they are dropped. So in reality if we sign all 14 picks it effects about 9,000,000 in cap space

1.5 5.42 mill
1.18 2.44 mill
1.26 2.22 mill
2.7 1.45 mill
2.24 1.02 mill
3.6 .88 mill

every other draft pick is less than 750,000 cut off. So all those amounts add up to 13,430,000 - 4,5000,000 and the cap hit will be pretty close to 8,930,000

How many years are left on Albert Wilson's contract? I think 2020, is year 3 of a 4 year contract? But having $71M in cap space for 2021, before the rollover from 2020, is an awesome start.

Back
Top Bottom