Miami's Receiving Core | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Receiving Core

Dude... If you don't mind me asking, what are the steps to add a picture to a thread? I have looked around the site for instructions but have not found anything helpful. Maybe all I need is some direction to that info...

Thanks in advance

I Agree Fishypete, the dolphins need to be smaller or quicker with their slot formations
chis chambers doe not fit slot and motion receiving his stride is to long, so I think they need a smaller receiver or a smaller type running back(darrin Sproles) to wreak havoc in the linebacker area.

tay0365 said:
Indy, maybe, but not the Pats. We are not talking about the most disciplined, and coached receivers, but the most TALENTED receivers....Miami's would be more talented then the Pats.

This is about the best corps, not the most talented. And many other receiving corps have produced much better results then ours. The Pats receivers just simply get open.

There are many receiving corps better than ours. We don't even have one 1000 yard receiver - how can we be close to the best? We have a nice collection of names but these names either haven't reached their potential or haven't done anything in years. We have three receivers that will have cap numbers near or over $3 million. I'm sure that will change soon.

It's make no difference, a receiver has to catch the ball in any system Just ask Jerry Rice, it's ability or non ability of the QB that make the offense go. Chambers would be great in any system as long as the QB has the arm strenght to get it there.

WR Corps that are better than Miami (not in order):

Colts
Vikings
Steelers
Packers
Patriots
Eagles
Rams

but we are right there.
notice that all the teams listed have an all-pro QB.
give us an all pro QB and we are in that list.

In reality, the only true threat we have at WR is Chambers....

Boston is a headcase, and to top it all off, the years of roid abuse have made him more fragile than glass. The guy has nothing left IMO. Last year was his best, and only real chance to rebound. Without Sullivan, he's as good as done IMO. It's a real shame because Boston once had all world talent. What a waste...

Booker is a solid WR. He should improve with a year under his belt in Miami. Great hands, and very smart route runner. Have to keep him IMO...

The other WR's like Thompson / Gilmore / and Simmons are all run of the mill players. We need more at WR than what these guys are able to provide....

I've heard that Saban likes Gilmore, and may keep him, but the others are a longshot at staying in 2005 IMO. I'd love for Saban to use that #2 pick on a big and physical WR like M. Williams. He'd give us an immediate upgrade as a rookie, and in the future could become one of the NFL's best.

PHINZ RULE!!! :evil:

PHINZ RULE!!! :evil:

If we don't keep Gilmore I am going to be pretty angry about it. I think he makes a great 3rd/4th WR.

You guys are all about players but if you have talent that cannot put it together then you have nothing. If we don't find consistensy in offense then we will likely fail for the rest of the season and upcoming seasons.

ch19079 said:
what makes you think boston will be even close to what he was after injuries and now that hes off steroids...

and booker isnt exactly getting younger.

the rams WRs are the best hands down. it doesnt matter who there #3 guy is, there #1 and #2 are so good it doesnt matter.
Yeah, they looked great against us this season. Tory Holt 4 yrds!!!!

Don't let Gilmore go under the radar guys, he is a player

CHambers, Boston, Booker...I'd even draft a fast kid with a later round pick.

Themajster said:
Yeah, they looked great against us this season. Tory Holt 4 yrds!!!!
i would trade all of our wr's put together for holt and bruce any day of the week

The Wolf: You're... Wayne, right? This is your house?
Wayne: Sure is.
The Wolf: I'm coach Saban. I solve problems.
Wayne: Good, we got one.
The Wolf: So I heard. May I come in?
Wayne: Uh, yeah, please do.

d-day said:
i would trade all of our wr's put together for holt and bruce any day of the week
I wouldn't. We play on grass. The Rams receivers are built for the indoors on turf. You see how well they played against us this season.

Dolphins#1-fan said:
If we keep Boston does any one think Miami might have the best receiving core in the Nfl

Booker-Boston-McMichael-Thompson-Chambers

Let's see, Chambers year after year fails to live up to his hype; Boston has never caught a pass for us; Bookers biggest headline was for crying because he missed his wife and kid and Chicago. Thompson? This guy is an acknowledged disappointment. Do yourself a favor and lose the rose colored glasses. I speak from experience, I kept posting before last season how I thought Miami was a playoff team. Best WR core? Not even close. that is why we need to go with Williams at number 2 if we stay with that pick.

Back
Top Bottom