miami's schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

miami's schedule

corona683

Active Roster
Reaction score
can someone explain why miami's is so tough this season and they didnt even make the play-offs last season?

It is not that tough...Houston in week 1 proves my theory. But it is somehwat tough, but that is better so noone can say we are beating crappy teams and that we are not for real. I suspect the two Jet games and the Eagles games to be classic fights :saberfigh sort of like this one ;)

With the new NFL set-up, only 2 games are decided based upon you're record. The other 14 are the same as the other 3 teams in our divisions' schedule. Our 2 games this year are San Diego and Baltimore I believe (this is like the 5th year in a row I think we've played Baltimore down here).

is a bad schedule imo....only 3 games in september, bye week way too early, 4 nite games and a thursday game away after a sunday nite and 2 games on snow at the end

Miami plays Baltimore and San Diego
Jets play Raiders and Steelers
Patriots play Broncos and Browns
Bills play Kansas City and Bengals

Those are the 2 games that set apart each team in afc east.. The rest of the schedule is the same between all 4 of them.. Clearly the Jets have the tougher 2 to play.. Miami I would say has the 2nd toughest, definetely winnable...

HOORAH:drinker:

Short week not god late in season, and the snow venues late not good either. Your bye too early as well, cant take advantage of homefield heat advantage as much early when it helps.
It should still even out for the most part. All the teams in your division play same schedule except 2 games, if anything you should hgave slight edge in that reagrd since Jets play 2 division winners extra.

Hmm..

Bills play KC and Bengals? I think it's safe to say they'll win atleast one of those ;\.

Shut down Gonzalez and it's a lot easier to beat KC.

That guy killed us ;(.

Originally posted by Danny
is a bad schedule imo....only 3 games in september, bye week way too early, 4 nite games and a thursday game away after a sunday nite and 2 games on snow at the end

Heck, I'm sick of winning easy games in September that give us a false sense of the teams strength. Let us win the away games, and the snow bowls, and I'll feel that we deserve to be in the Superbowl hunt. As it is, we get the toughest "out of Division" opponents either at home, or early in the season, we only have one game on the west coast, and that ones against a team we match up well against, and two of our last three games are at home. I like this schedule, and I think it's as good or better than any we've had in the last three years.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Hmm..

Bills play KC and Bengals? I think it's safe to say they'll win atleast one of those ;\.

Shut down Gonzalez and it's a lot easier to beat KC.

That guy killed us ;(.

Easier said than done. Miami had a stronger D last season than the Bills should have this season, and we couldn't do it. And hey, maybe Lewis will turn the Bengals around.:lol:

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Heck, I'm sick of winning easy games in September that give us a false sense of the teams strength. Let us win the away games, and the snow bowls, and I'll feel that we deserve to be in the Superbowl hunt. As it is, we get the toughest "out of Division" opponents either at home, or early in the season, we only have one game on the west coast, and that ones against a team we match up well against, and two of our last three games are at home. I like this schedule, and I think it's as good or better than any we've had in the last three years.

So they should lose the easy games in September instead? Sorry 1227 I couldn't resist! :D

Oliver...

The only good thing an early bye might serve purpose for is QB CHANGE. It may actually help, just wait and see.

There are 3 things I don't like about our schedule..
1. The BYE week is too damn early.. Took away a sure win for us at home or away for that matter..
2. The 11 day span where Miami plays 3 games but so does Dallas and atleast 2 of them are at home.. No travelling til Turkey Time..
3. The short week leading to Buffalo in week 16.. Miami plays the Eagles on Monday Night in Week 15

There are a couple of thing that I really like though.. Considering we play at Giants Stadium twice early in the season one being against the Jets in week 2 and the other being in Week 5 against the Giants.. Thats very early in season and we always start strong.. Also the fact that we have about 10-11 days to prepare for New England after the Turkey game in Dallas.. Every team has obstacles to overcome and I feel like Miami is strong enough this year to overcome them.. I predict Miami goes 3-1 in December this year.. Finally a winning record in December..

HOORAH:drinker:

Thats insane, how can anyone complain about a friggin schedule? You think the players sit around after practice staring at games in december saying why?

That schedule isn't nearly hard enough, not enough first place teams or me. Give me Oakland, Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh over Baltimore and Houston anyday.

And that crap about the short week is a moot point, does Dallas have an extra bye or something?.......there on the road for the 2 weeks before that game, where as were home for almost a month. Please!

Originally posted by IHatethePatriot
Thats insane, how can anyone complain about a friggin schedule? You think the players sit around after practice staring at games in december saying why?

That schedule isn't nearly hard enough, not enough first place teams or me. Give me Oakland, Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh over Baltimore and Houston anyday.

And that crap about the short week is a moot point, does Dallas have an extra bye or something?.......there on the road for the 2 weeks before that game, where as were home for almost a month. Please!

IHATETHEPATRIOT... Every AFC division rotates every year so that every division plays each other every 3 years.. Just in case you didnt know.. Just to let you know, the Colts and Titans play the Texans twice a year and the Steelers play the Bengals and Ravens twice a year..:lol: Like I said before

"2. The 11 day span where Miami plays 3 games but so does Dallas and atleast 2 of them are at home.. No travelling til Turkey Time.."

Above is what I said in my most recent post and what did you not understand?? I said I didn't like Miami's 3 games in 11 days... But then said that Dalllas had it as well so it isn't that bad.. Comprehend before you try to bash a post.. In my post, I was just stating what "I" didn't like about the schedule.. Nowhere did I say any of this will bother Miami nor did I say Miami will be affected by it.. So what exactly was the point of your post??

:drinker:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom