Miami's Willie Williams wants out of his scholarship | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Willie Williams wants out of his scholarship

Pennington's Rocket Arm

Sucking for Luck Since 2004
Reaction score
not good for Thug U.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/university_of_miami/15014943.htm
Sophomore Willie Williams, the nation's most highly recruited linebacker two years ago, has told coach Larry Coker that he's interested in transferring, Coker said Tuesday.
Williams wants to go to a school where he will have an opportunity to be a starter, according to a UM source and another person very close to the situation.
Though Coker stopped short of saying Williams' decision is final, a UM official said his departure is considered very likely barring a surprising change of heart. UM is expected to grant Williams' release once he picks a new school.
Asked to confirm if Williams had requested a transfer, Coker said, ''I am aware of Willie's interest in transferring, and whatever is best for Willie, I will be in favor of.'' Coker did not comment further.
hmm urban meyer needs some linebackers. :pray:

Yes, we are devastated that an underperforming, overhyped backup is leaving....get real. I think he'll have a change of heart, but even if he doesn't, he wasn't in the plans for this year.

kpcane said:
Yes, we are devastated that an underperforming, overhyped backup is leaving....get real. I think he'll have a change of heart, but even if he doesn't, he wasn't in the plans for this year.
Yeah, I hope he doesn't let the door hit him in the *** on the way out.:rolleyes:

Jaydog57 said:
Yeah, I hope he doesn't let the door hit him in the *** on the way out.:rolleyes:

After seeing his recent behavior (not going to class, skipping workouts, upsetting teammates and coaches) I'm glad that he won't be playing for the U anytime soon. We have guys here that show a lot of heart and want to play, that's why he couldn't overtake Jon Beason. Let him and his crybaby attitude and pisspoor work ethic go to some other school. Too bad the moron doesn't know that his only way of playing next year is to stay, and after that he'd be starting the next year. What a loser...I hope he goes to Florida.

Thug U. LOL!!

I love it when Gators take shots at the Canes.

It's like Egyptians talking **** about Brazil in soccer!!:lol:

Dubfire said:
Thug U. LOL!!

:sidelol: Go gaytors, get up and go:sidelol:

Nah he won't go to UF Urban Meyer wouldn't put up with that little punk. And

This is a little off topic, but UM won't be going anywhere until Coker is fired. He's not a good coach at all IMO. I got nothing against UM don't root for them either, but if they underachieve again this year, he's as good as gone and UM will get Butch Davis back.

Dubfire said:
Thug U. LOL!!

:rolleyes2 Right, cause its not like their is ANY comparison in disipline issues.

PatsSuck456 said:
This is a little off topic, but UM won't be going anywhere until Coker is fired. He's not a good coach at all IMO. I got nothing against UM don't root for them either, but if they underachieve again this year, he's as good as gone and UM will get Butch Davis back.

Man u can't blame Coker, he is a nice guy with a good heart . . the AD is who we have to blame. They have to make a decision, would we rather have a championship caliber team every year, even if it means not focusing on grades as much, or would we rather have a decent football program, who can produce a winning season but nothing past that, and has the highest graduation rate the football program has seen in sometime. I mean it all falls on Paul Dee (is he still there? lol) and Shalala to decide how they want this program run. Coker is not the type of coach thats gonna get u to the big dance (gimme a break about the 2001 team, they had all of Butch Davis guys on that squad . . guys who are studs in the NFL right now . . even against Ohio State, those were mainly Butch Davis's guys on the field. The year after, when the team got gutted from the draft is when we saw more of Coker's players.) Miami doesn't play against the panzies they used to play against, they have to make a decision . . soon.

As for Willie Williams . . he has all the talent in the world to be great, and be a definite starter for UM, but no coach, Coker or not, is gonna start a guy who can't read different offensive schemes. Its not like Miami doesn't have capable guys on defense and at LB, Willie Williams has much of a chance to start as anybody else, but this isn't high school, u have to earn ure place at the college level, and if Big Beason is doing his thing more than Williams, hey then Willie doesn't deserve to start over him, plain and simple. I'm not worried about it to tell u the truth, he can get out of his scholarship, sit out a year and he still wont be anything unless he learns the mental part of the game . . he might as well stay at UM and do that . . if he puts in the work, he still may be able to start some this year, and definetly for his final 2 years.

no way willie williams goes back to gainesville ever again

Back
Top Bottom